Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I own a Peugeot 308 2009 I have this error Error P0018 Crankshaft Position Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 2 Sensor A)

Been stuck with this error for ages now and no matter what I cant fix it, I replaced the cam sensor and then the crank sensor under the engine on the fly wheel.

I rang out of ideas what it could be, the chain got replaced 3 years ago now I cant see that is the problem unless its faulty.

The car goes in to a sort of limp mode when going up a hill and does fix its self until you turn off car and back again even then sometimes it doesnt work, it just drops down and revs its self out to get any power, cant over take anyway because there is complete lost of power.

cheers for anyone that can help me as I dont know anymore what it could be.

Gerald

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi All

I own a Peugeot 308 2009 I have this error Error P0018 Crankshaft Position Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 2 Sensor A)

Been stuck with this error for ages now and no matter what I cant fix it, I replaced the cam sensor and then the crank sensor under the engine on the fly wheel.

I rang out of ideas what it could be, the chain got replaced 3 years ago now I cant see that is the problem unless its faulty.

The car goes in to a sort of limp mode when going up a hill and does fix its self until you turn off car and back again even then sometimes it doesnt work, it just drops down and revs its self out to get any power, cant over take anyway because there is complete lost of power.

cheers for anyone that can help me as I dont know anymore what it could be.

Gerald
In my experience camshaft and crankshaft coherance issues is the chain, your timing has slipped out, you can get it re-timed up, but if youve reached the stage where you are getting these errors, then its better to get a new chain put on, regular oil changes is imperative to avoid this happening,.

Ask a good independant garage, to check it out and they'll answer it for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts