Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I have one question. I owned peugeot 607. Last 14 days my 607 shows error on 607 computer. The error is: "The engine oil is too hot - STOP immediately".

That error shows to me around 6 time in 14 days.

The fact is the motor engine oil was cold, because car is staying on the parking (the car were turned off) ... and I know that the engine oil couldnt be hot, because car werent working about 6 hours before i started my 607 - after that mistake showed on the 607 computer. So, is impossible that engine oil were hot.

After that miskate showed on 607 computer i immediately stopped the car and turned it off. After some second i started the car and the mistake werent showed for some days. And after some days mistake on computer again show ... and i again stopped the car ... i was waiting for some second ... than again stared car .. and mistake wasnt showed ...

I was been in peugeot servise. They connected my 607 on computer and the computer shows 0 error.

Can somebody know what is that mistake? Is mybe some senzor broken or. mybe something else?

How can i know that i have enough water in cooling system? Is mybe that problem?

Please help me!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Without knowing the engine type/size/year, this is a guess but to check the water level, look in the engine bay for something like this and see the max - min marks. You should be able to see the water level.

Attachments

G

·
I think cck is probably correct, though Planet won't show the fault unless it is present at the time Planet is plugged in. I'd just stick in a new sensor and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
lol-a said:
Hello guys,

I have one question. I owned peugeot 607. Last 14 days my 607 shows error on 607 computer. The error is: "The engine oil is too hot - STOP immediately".

That error shows to me around 6 time in 14 days.

The fact is the motor engine oil was cold, because car is staying on the parking (the car were turned off) ... and I know that the engine oil couldnt be hot, because car werent working about 6 hours before i started my 607 - after that mistake showed on the 607 computer. So, is impossible that engine oil were hot.

After that miskate showed on 607 computer i immediately stopped the car and turned it off. After some second i started the car and the mistake werent showed for some days. And after some days mistake on computer again show ... and i again stopped the car ... i was waiting for some second ... than again stared car .. and mistake wasnt showed ...

I was been in peugeot servise. They connected my 607 on computer and the computer shows 0 error.

Can somebody know what is that mistake? Is mybe some senzor broken or. mybe something else?

How can i know that i have enough water in cooling system? Is mybe that problem?

Please help me!
its a faulty sensor mate.. dont think its the water level sensor as PureJoe suggested..

its most definately the oil sensor..

·
Registered
4 Posts
same happen to me. I gut my 308 in search of a vacuum leak , and I had to disconnect several sensors and components. When the problem was solved and i tested the car, suddenly many lights turned on the dashboard: STOP, ABS failure, and many similar messages. I run the diagnosis and no errorr were found. Messages were intermitent and no record on the computer. My first guess is that some component that was unplugged, remained not well connected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.