Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently purchased a 206 Quicksilver 1.6 HDI. Lovely little car but having just replaced the bulbs in the top little dash display I'm now getting a message on start up

" UNBLOCK DIESEL FILTER" followed by "DIESEL ADDITIVE LOW"

ANY advice on this please?

·
9,174 Posts
You need to get additive topped up and counters reset ASAP or you could end up with a blocked DPF

·
Registered
822 Posts
The tank is easy to refill, just make sure you use correct additive, then contact a member to reset the counters.
Search for planet map on here.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
As above it does not have to be expensive if you actually listen to advice do not ignore the issue.

Fill fluid possibly wash out filter we are NOT talking fuel filter here we are talking particulate filter in exhaust some get confused check cap sensor etc the system is not that complicated

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all. Interestingly the additive was nearly full once I had located this. The error code coming up now is relating to the filler cap. I've been reading a few posts regarding magnets, should there be in the cap itself? Could it actually be a faulty sensor?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As above it does not have to be expensive if you actually listen to advice do not ignore the issue.

Fill fluid possibly wash out filter we are NOT talking fuel filter here we are talking particulate filter in exhaust some get confused check cap sensor etc the system is not that complicated
HI hope you don't mind me asking but we have reset counter 2. after ensuring fluid is topped up. Tried doing a regen but we cant because of fuel cap sensor code. Is this likely to be the actual sensor on the car? Been quoted £90 + vat from dealers but that's a lot if I'm not sure its that. The magnets are in the cap ive checked that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts