Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have just bought a 2001 2.0HDI Peugeot 806 which has about 5 error codes but cant remember them (left them at home), I remember one which is P0230 but am struggling to sort it.

It gets to about 3000RPM then there's no more power, it starts and drives fine below that RPM. The engine light is on and when switching the car off the car still stays running then dies like it runs out of fuel about 5 seconds after turning the key off....

Any ideas?

D

·
0 Posts
Fuel pump relay fault. What were the rest of the faults?
Remove and clean out the fuel pressure regulator on the pump if it is Bosch type. When was the fuel filter changed last, if you don't know, change it.
Also remove the fuel pressure sensor on the rail and clean it out.
Start with all that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm a new update. I dont understand it. We have a year 2000 exactly the same which has better interior, we took the heater control panel out from the inside to swap it with the other one, started it up and it now revs past 3000RPM, switches off normal. It's back to normal.... The light is still on but I'm guessing thats because it has other faults.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its been a while but I have changed the fuel tank pump and filter and the high pressure fuel pump regulator and it appears to be worse, it actually cuts out while driving, about 4 times in a mile and when I turn the engine off it stays running for about 3-4 seconds.

I still have the fuel pressure sensor to clean but where can I find it?
And alaoy haven't replaced the fuel pump relay, where can I find that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts