Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speedo, radio shut because of U0028 I left disconnet battery over a week because replace starter motor and replace injector seal. How to make speedo and radio work again?
Some people said lock up the car and open window and switch the lights on hear bong and turn one click all display should come on but it doesn't work on me.
Anyone experience same please share

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
This is a communication error all U codes are network faults it means all the units are not talking to each other a proper BSI reset should sort it its just confused

Does your engine start ?

have you checked the fuses ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My engine is running fine, I can drive around. All fuse inside glovebox and engine box are fine, all my light, window are working, but the only is not work is speedo no lights, multifunction display and radio press the knob will not come on, I am confuse do I need to remove connect and refit to make sure is not loose?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have took to the Peugeot dealer this morning, said the BSI has been corrupt, need to reprogram new code to communication each other they want £390 to have it done. This has got to be a joke, how can I corrupt the bsi when I took the battery off over 2 weeks and put it back on that is it.
Can I buy from scrap yard two BSI without need to reprogram? I wish I haven't bought this stupid rubbish Peugeot/Citroen:nono:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have took to the Peugeot dealer this morning, said the BSI has been corrupt, need to reprogram new code to communication each other they want £390 to have it done. This has got to be a joke, how can I corrupt the bsi when I took the battery off over 2 weeks and put it back on that is it.
Can I buy from scrap yard two BSI without need to reprogram? I wish I haven't bought this stupid rubbish Peugeot/Citroen:nono:
did you correctly disconnect the battery. there is a shutdown procedure as its possibly to cause issues with the bsi if you dont do it properly.

have you tried a BSI reset?

Peugeot BSi reboot procedure

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the key out of ignition, remove negative first then positive and refit positive first then negative try BSI reboot 5 attempts not working do you know If I can buy from scrap yard two same bsi will it work? anyone know

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
You could probably get your bsi working again using planet I have had this fault before and it turned out to be a blown fuse had cut power to some of the BSI and it got confused once fuse was fixed the bsi needed reset then all was good

As for your question no you cannot buy JUST the BSI you would need a full set bsi ecu key clocks and radio as all are coded together but if you swapped all that it would work providing the com error IS the bsi and not a wiring or fuse issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car solve BSI issues was the speedometer back wire connect. I took it off and refit all lights, radio and speedometer come on so must be loose or dirty, well Peugeot dealer didn't really know the problem said it was blew BSI box and dream to having my £480 well theirs dream didn't coming true. Thank you all for your help try to solve my mystery problem Good Luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How is possible to cure to said that my BSI must replace because it damage electric green square with silver lines on it, but it ain't that part because now lights are work. If he said it was damage then why is my light is working he is after my money
I can't trust my dealer anymore I could have pay a lot of money for nothing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts