Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so driving home today the engine management light popped up, anti pollution fault on MFD plugged in my basic eBay code reader and it gave me 2 codes as follows

P1160 - manufacturer control

C0028 - vehicle communication bus A

No idea what these mean so any help would be Great, it's a 1.4hdi 2005, everywhere I look people say it's the dpf for anti pollution but phoned local peugeot and they said the 1.4hdi model doesn't have a dpf???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've been looking at pp2000, there is a forum member in the same town as me (crewe) with it but his inbox is full

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Depollution fault is not limited to dpf, there are many issues that can trigger the fault. It needs scanning, particularly live readings, to get to the cause/s of it.

Unfortunately PP2000/Diagbox is the only diagnostic that will do a proper job in my experience, so finding some independent person to do it, or buy your own kit and do it yourself is the only way you will solve it. Going to Peugeot themselves will only cost you arms/legs/unborn children....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Il keep that in mind mate thanks, I've got one of those code reader/clearers of eBay so I just keep knocking the eml off when it comes on haha, the anti pollution fault seems to appear after I thrash the car, anything over around 5000rmp, any ideas why?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts