Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just for information really in case it can be of assistance to anybody else in the future who experiences a similar problem. My two previous posts told the story of an aircon system that stopped working, the fitting of a new condenser by National Aircon after which it worked for 2 days before giving up the ghost entirely after being erratic for a while. It turns out it was the Thermostat temperature sensor and once this was changed the aircon started working fine.

However, the garage that changed it for me reckon that that the National Aircon fitter has damaged the pipework to the condenser which, according to them will cost £825 to fix. Gas is pissing out of both connections to the condenser ( I have photographs of the dye splashed all over the place that they advised me to take) dropping from 10.2 Bar (!) to 6.2 Bar in 7 days. The National Aircon bloke reckons this is bollocks and is coming on Saturday to 'fix it'. We shall see. In the meantime I keep trying the aircon for a few seconds and it keeps working (don't want to leave it on too long as it's losing so much gas) Anyway, if anybody experiences a problem with their aircon that a regas will not solve and there are no fault codes on the system itself, have a look for Fault P0059 on the ECU (Thermostat Sensor) because it may be that.

Then today ( the new Thermostat body was fitted on Friday) I'm driving to my daughter's and I get a series of messages. Engine Temp. too high, Depollution Faulty, STOP, Engine Management light comes on, Coolant needle goes to the top of the gauge and sits there with a red light on and the fan runs at high speed permanently. I crap myself. But it turns out that the lad who had fitted the thermo-body had bent a pin in the connector and he fixed it in five minutes.....except that ever since I have that flashing 'Oil---' fault warning which I'm trying desperately to ignore! I have no idea whether or not this is connected.

On Saturday morning I'll know if the aircon man has fixed the leak or if he has indeed damaged the pipework. If the latter he will be getting a bill for £825 which no doubt he will refuse to pay so this could get interesting.

The good news is....if you have a problem with your aircon don't assume it's a problem with the aircon..... it could be a problem elsewhere.

Anybody know anything about the OIL--- (flashing) thing?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hope you get it finally sorted mate.
As for the flashing oil light,check to make sure the level is definitely o.k.
Then it usually clears after 1/2 dozen restarts on it's own?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right about the oil message (or lack of message!) It cleared itself the following morning!

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts