Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon folks. My mrs 207 is again casuing me problems. Half way home the radio cutout for a second and the little orange steering wheel appeared on the dash as the assistance to the steering vanished. Cue worried phone call.

Had a good root about and nothing looked untoward so borrowed my brothers laptop and it's returned the error code of C1414 -EPS motor failure - PERMANENT

I'm assuming this is terminal and I will need to stick a rack in it with motor?
Are all the 207 EPAS racks the same?

Car is a 61 207 Sportium 1.6HDi.

Any assistance would be really appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought I was expecting a bit much for it to be straight forward. Any idea whether racks are interchangeable or where I will find numbers to reference?

Have seen ACS and heard good things but to be brutal I'm very reluctant to spend any more on the thing than is absolutely neccessary. As long as it works and is safe and lasts 12 months I'll be happy

·
6,560 Posts
There are over 20 racks listed on Service Box dependant on spec.

They do appear to reduce down to around 8 based on replacement part numbers.

Key points appear to be size of wheels and if traction control/ESP is fitted

if you can post VIN I can get exact part no so you can try to track down same unit

Have you checked all fuses as a blown EPAS main power fuse can trip motor fault

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are over 20 racks listed on Service Box dependant on spec.

They do appear to reduce down to around 8 based on replacement part numbers.

Key points appear to be size of wheels and if traction control/ESP is fitted

if you can post VIN I can get exact part no so you can try to track down same unit

Have you checked all fuses as a blown EPAS main power fuse can trip motor fault
Why did I offer to do this one?? lol

16" wheels
No ESP/TC
Will PM my VIN
Really appreciate your assistance. This is why I love forums :thumb:

Yes have checked main 80A fuse and all is intact.

·
6,560 Posts
The Peugeot part no is 4001XG (there is no cross ref listed).

It appears to be fitted to saloon petrol & diesel models with 15 and 16 inch wheels without ESP since RPO/DAMS 12530

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it seems information is rather lacking as to what is compatibleAfter some digging about it appears I can just replace the motor unit itself which is available from Peugeot for £262 (16 119 684 80). As the mrs wants her car back asap now I've just bitten the bullet and ordered one. Just a case of waiting for my brother to have space so I can steel his 4 poster and get under the car properly.

I still feel it's a bloody poor show by Peugeot showing less than zero interest in the premature failure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How did replacing the motor go ?

Steve, How did this motor replacemnet go ?
any tips ?

My Mum and dads 2011 picasso C3 has just got the same error code.
Computer says

H/W 9673482380
supplier SMI
s/w 0281
calibration 65535
diag 15
fault C1414

Well it seems information is rather lacking as to what is compatibleAfter some digging about it appears I can just replace the motor unit itself which is available from Peugeot for £262 (16 119 684 80). As the mrs wants her car back asap now I've just bitten the bullet and ordered one. Just a case of waiting for my brother to have space so I can steel his 4 poster and get under the car properly.

I still feel it's a bloody poor show by Peugeot showing less than zero interest in the premature failure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be fair it wasn't too bad at all. Only 2 bolts secure the motor to the rack and the motor from Peugeot came with new bolts, seal and plastic transfer gear. I just popped the front up onto axle stands and went under on my back although the rack is quite a way back. Didn't need to remove or tamper with the subframe but did need to wiggle the motor round the exhaust and the upper bolt was awkward to get at.

I still find it very difficult to swallow the dealers "couldn't care less attitude" so this was the straw that broke the camels back as this car has been more problematic from 1-4 years old than my aging Audi A4 has been from 8 to 18 years olds. It's being traded in at Christmas and we won't be buying another Peugeot. Sorely sorely disappointed in the car and the dealers :(

Hope you get your sorted to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
UPDATE
Citroen main dealer quoting 223.18 + vat for "motor module", they say it also needs calibrating

Also quoting £775.85 +vat for whole rack

found 2 second hand racks on ebay, pictures of motor labels below..

whole rack pics here including part number

No problem, always happy to help if/where I can :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No calibration was required on ours. I simply extracted the old motor, fitted the new one and then went on a drive.

I can't see why it would be any different between the Pug and the Citroen for what at least visually looks identical

·
Registered
20 Posts
update of EPAS problem C1414 picasso C3

My Mum and Dad decided to take it to a main dealer in the end, they replaced the motor from what i can understand parts £220 odd plus vat, labour £100 odd plust vat, a years warranty on the part.

now my dad says steering is very light

1 - 16 of 16 Posts