Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 307 runs eolys 176, and it's time for a top up, can i fill the tank with the later Eolys powerflex, they do mix ok apparently.
if so do i need to adjust the dosing? i've heard people just stick it in and just was looking for a definitive answer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just for information

There are four types of fuel additives

DPX 42,
EOLYS 176,
INFINEUM F7995,
EOLYS POWERFLEX.

DPX42 use in all vehicles to build No 9492
176 Appendix EOLYS use in vehicles since 9493 to build 12166
INFINEUM F7995 in C6 build from No. 12116 and No. C5 MkIII from build 12125
EOLYS POWERFLEX use of C8 and JUMPY from build No. 12125 and C4, C4 Picasso, Berlingo from build No. 12167

From the 15.07.2010 EOLYS 176 is no longer produced and Will be sold until stocks are exhausted. Instead, use INFINEUM F7995.

an indication of the fluid type is shown on the tank filler lines
White-dpx42
Green-eolys 176
blue- eolys powerflex.
to be safe check with your VIN number

·
Registered
919 Posts
stvstx said:
My 307 runs eolys 176, and it's time for a top up, can i fill the tank with the later Eolys powerflex, they do mix ok apparently.
if so do i need to adjust the dosing? i've heard people just stick it in and just was looking for a definitive answer.
do not mix as it will speed up the cloggin of the filter..

you can use the powerflex if you empty it with 176..

good luck

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Scotcruz, did you mean empty the tank? or clean the eolys from the filter? The specs on the powerflex look much better, with claims of possibly 150000 miles between fap overhaul/cleaning. and it's also compatable with biodiesel for the european market.
i thought it was the INFINEUM F7995 that you couldn't mix it with.

·
Registered
919 Posts
stvstx said:
Thanks for the reply Scotcruz, did you mean empty the tank? or clean the eolys from the filter? The specs on the powerflex look much better, with claims of possibly 150000 miles between fap overhaul/cleaning. and it's also compatable with biodiesel for the european market.
i thought it was the INFINEUM F7995 that you couldn't mix it with.
I meant empty the tank with whats in there and replace it with Powerflex if you like... It is recommended when your are topping up to power wash the filter..

you will see that it will last for as much as 100,000 which also depends what kind of driving you do..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand, at min a wash out of the tank, and a pressure wash of the FAP would also be a good idea at the same time.:thumb:
i was hoping it would last till the summer.:(
peugeot planet popped up with P1448 (EDC15C2 PEF: Particulate emission filter overloaded)
Its not a perm fault and then a few days later a p1435 fuel cap not present.
i had tried a forced regen between the two faults.
and fixed the p1435 with a new tank cap sensor.:thumb:
so guess last regen didn't bring much as there was prob not any eolys in the fuel. :(
message flagged at 180mb pressure difference.
car has 160000 so it's due a tank refill and clean,

live data reports 15mb at idle and almost 100 at 3000rpm.
so maybe it just needs a good regen.

will see how it gets on over the next tank of fuel. it does end up doing a lot of short runs. no messages on mfd yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI. from Australia..Ive just bought a 2006 307 2.0 hdi which needs the fluid toppin up..Ive bought 3 litres and thought I'd done my homework but now find there are 2 different storage system, a hard plastic bottle or a soft bladder..Ive got the bladder and have been told it cant be refilled, and I have to replace the bladder...can anyone confirm that or offer advise as to whether the bladder can be filled, or cut my losses and buy the bladder...thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello and welcome, i would strongly recommend buying a new bladder bag, split bags from old age are not unheard of. And filling a bag will prob be very time consuming. hopefully you can return or sell your refill kit without too much loss.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
if the pack is unopened and unused...they have no choice but to take them back. :thumb: worked as a customer services for currys so i know most of the regs etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts