Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am a bit confused (not hard)
Where is this oil injected on a 406 2.2 hdi?
Is it injected into the fuel or the dpf?
I keep reading different things.
I have read a little two stroke oil added to the tank helps with better combustion, smoother running, quieter tickover. If it was injected into the tank, then couldn't eolys be substituted for such oil. If this is a mad bonkers plan then excuse my ignorance. Well it is not a plan, just an observation.

Second thoughts I am bonkers:D

·
Registered
548 Posts
Could be wrong here but I think its injected into the tank.

Firstly if you went down this route the dpf wiould still need to be removed/hollowed out.

Secondly there would not be enough injected with each refill to make it worth it.
Typically to get any result from 2 stroke you need 200-300ml per 60ltr tank, the eolys tamk can only ever hold a couple of ltrs I imagine and that can last the best part of 100k.

Long story short - its not going to work.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, the additive is a special chemical that has to burn hot enough to 'burn' all the soot from the FAP, this won't be achieved by adding diesel, or 2T oil into the additive tank, and will do more harm than good.

300ml of 2T oil is what I do in my fuel tank, but there is more information on tinterweb regarding long term issues, I do one tank of posh diesel, followed by one tank of normal diesel with 2T oil in first - maybe placebo but hey.....:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts