Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Just a question,can the eolys tank be filled with diesel,then just add a dpf cleaner into the tank,once a month??.I would think this has the same effect??.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The Eolys fluid makes the dpf burn off the deposits at a lower temperature, regeneration won't happen without it as the dpf won't get hot enough to burn off.

C

·
0 Posts
Hi Just a question,can the eolys tank be filled with diesel,then just add a dpf cleaner into the tank,once a month??.I would think this has the same effect??.
This would be more expensive than refilling the additive tank.

A quick Google gives suggestion cleaner is roughly around £10 a bottle I'm assuming one bottle a month (could be wrong here) so a possible £120 a year.

I refilled my car a couple of years ago for £85, cars is 10 years old next year. Was refilled at 7 -8 years old so if it was to need refilling again in another 7 years that's roughly £12.15 a year.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If your going to do that why bother putting anything in the eolys tank. Just reset the counter. The system doesn't physically know how much eolys the car has and has used, it just counts the number of times the fuel filler cap has opened and must multiply this by a dose of eolys to get usage, then takes this away from the volume it thinks it has reset by PP/Diagbox.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I have got this wrong.
:):).

Malcolm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts