Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does it cost for a garage to do this and reset? Do I save much if I purchase diagbox and do it myself?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Do it yourself. It's so easy even I managed it last weekend.

Notes:

You can use generic "pat fluid".

We think the tank is 3 litres.
The warning comes on at 700ml.
After resetting the counter goes to 3,100ml.

It seems to dose at about 1ml or 2ml additive per 10 litres of fuel.

It follows that if the warning has just come on then you can make do with refilling only 2 litres because there'll be more than zero (but less than 700ml) remaining when the warning next comes on.

You can get to the filler without having to remove the plastic cover.

To fill: turn the filler bottle upside down and squeeze the bottle to get the fluid into the tank.
Then, turn it upright and squeeze a little more to get some air into the line.
Now, holding the cap with a rag, loosen the top of the filler bottle to allow the bottle to pop back out.
Repeat.

I'm in half a mind to just come and do it with you...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, my main issue is with the reset.. I dnt have pp2000 or diagbox

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I read them thank you, I don't know how to message him, I click on the pin, click on his name, then it just shows a Facebook page for him, don't know if that's where I should message him about this stuff

·
5,034 Posts
you could join us over on FB, see if hes a member on my page

·
5,034 Posts
Search on fb for Peugeot 407 UK

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
5,034 Posts
Can pp2000 tell me roughly how much pat fluid is in the tank?
No but it can tell you exactly how much lol :lol::lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome... I really need to buy it, only I keep searching and even though I read gibbo's guide, I can't find any versions that are recommended... Also, while curious to see how much the Peugeot garage would charge to do it... £300 she told me! You having a laugh!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know if there is a diagbox or pp2000 version that will work on 32bit and 64bit operating system?

·
6,000 Posts
None work on 64 bit nativity only using a virtual machine. 32 bit works fine on xp win7 and win10

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that difficult to do? I can't seem to find cheap bloody laptops with 32bit anywhere they're all like £100 or more, if rather pay more and get a better one

·
6,000 Posts
It will run on most older laptops you can get away with a old dual core machine from gumtree or ebay for half that.

Virtual machine is not too bad to do and there are ready to run diagbox VM downloads around which if installed correctly work fine and are easier that the full diagbox install with all the upgrades

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can someone please tell me if I have to get diagbox 7.02? I have just bought windows xp to install on my laptop instead of the windows 10 that's on there at the mo. So now I just need to purches the software and hardware for it, but there is so many different versions, I don't know if its possible to just buy and install pp2000 on its own or if I have to buy and install diagbox with it on

·
6,000 Posts
7.02 normally comes with updates to 7.6x or 7.8x if you want to ho to the trouble of updating. Dpf reset should be possible with any version 7 diagbox

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Tried Diagbox on 32-bit win10 last week and it didn't work.

Trying 32-bin win7 now.

On a Lenovo L430 which is probably a bit over-specced for it, but the trackpad doesn't work so it's landfill.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts