Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I really need your help,
I tried to install the new version of SMEG, I followed an online guide and downloaded the smeg plug upg (i am not sure if it is the right version), however, the system started installing, then restarted and it was stuck on the peugeot logo,
I have a 308 204 Active, now nothing works, the entertainment unit does not boot, I only see the peugeot logo, can any one help pleaaaaaase ??
I tried peugeot service in london, they said there is nothing they can do, appart from installing a new unit for 780 + Vat (Craaaaazy).
I am sure there is a way of booting with a proper usb or doing a flash or hard reset, please help me guys.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
Have you tried a hard reset?
Turn everything off but leave driver window open. Wait 3 minutes, then disconnect the battery positive. Leave for a minute or so then reconnect.
Again wait a couple of minutes then reach inside and turn on lights.

Then see if it all works better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried a hard reset?
Turn everything off but leave driver window open. Wait 3 minutes, then disconnect the battery positive. Leave for a minute or so then reconnect.
Again wait a couple of minutes then reach inside and turn on lights.

Then see if it all works better.
Many thanks, will try it tonight

·
Registered
881 Posts
No, I don't know, unfortunately :(
But, if I'm not wrong, somebody here had problem like yours, and it was solved spontaneous a day after.
Try do what Brilec sugest.
I'm sorry about your problem. Finger crossed ....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Same peugeot logo stuck during update.

I unplugged the plus cable from battery and wait for one minute then plug the plus cable onto the battery and start the engine (the usb was still plugged in and just in case I downloaded SMEG from other source and put into the usb) and drive for 5 mins and SMEG resuming the update process. Problem was solved. SEMG is kind of smart so keep calm and try again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any good news?
Did not work,
Tried to unplug the battery, waited 10 minutes, restarted the engine, drove it for 3 hours, nothing happened.

I took it this morning to a garage, just called them, they said the hard reset did not work, they are trying something else.

I am stuuuuuuck guys please help meee :(

·
Registered
881 Posts
Car is under warranty? Under no circumstances don't tell that you tried to update. "I just went to job one morning and SMEG refuse to start up, just stuck this way you can see ....".

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just drive to dealer and act dumb - When they talk SMEG to you...ask is that from Red Dwarf....:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did not work,
Tried to unplug the battery, waited 10 minutes, restarted the engine, drove it for 3 hours, nothing happened.

I took it this morning to a garage, just called them, they said the hard reset did not work, they are trying something else.

I am stuuuuuuck guys please help meee :(

did you drive with usb with new files?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts