Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again everyone,

I' once again calling on the wealth of knowledge held in this forum :D.

Basically it's summed up in the two pictures below, sorry for the quality as they were took on a mobile.....

http://img220.imageshack.us/i/edit1b.jpg/
http://img269.imageshack.us/i/edit2x.jpg/

Now maybe you find this hard to believe but I've owned the car for just over a year now and still have no clue as to how this device is meant to work!! I've seen ones in other models which have more of a phone holder shape but this one certainly doesnt fit any phone on the market that I'm aware of!! especially as top section slides up a little to reveal nothing much underneath.

This is as you can see linked to what I can only call the 'box' in the passenger footwell which is hinged meaning you can move it in an up and down motion a couple of inches either way.

Does anyone know the previous purpose of this attachement and how can I change it to use it for myself now, the "phone style" attachment is screwed in by the looks of things so it can be replaced I think?

Cheers, Tom

PS: Apologies for the state of the interior of the car, it is actually getting cleaned inside and out tommorow ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Looks just like an old version phone holder and speaker box .:)
Ahh right okay, thanks for the prompt reply!

Do you know if I can alter that now to accomadate a new phone or? can I do anything with it?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Would think with all the parts there you should be able to remove the phone holder and fit a new one to suit , basics should be the same ,
thats as far as my thinking gets me, sorry.:eek:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had the same unit in my car and removed it because it was useless so I fitted a blue tooth system stand alone not linked to the cars computer £49.99 from carphone warehouse,

you have the newer dash going by you images and that red bit behind the the phone mount is part of a phone system built into the car you will notice a similar looking black item on the other side where you insert a sim card and use the phone through the cars system ( something to do with it being the RS3 where the RS4 system doesn't have those bits to insert a sim card ).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pugbod said:
you have the newer dash going by you images and that red bit behind the the phone mount is part of a phone system built into the car you will notice a similar looking black item on the other side where you insert a sim card and use the phone through the cars system ( something to do with it being the RS3 where the RS4 system doesn't have those bits to insert a sim card ).
Thanks for the reply, indeed I do use the sim card system fairly regular especially on the longer journeys.

pugbod said:
I had the same unit in my car and removed it because it was useless
Should I completely remove this unit as it's just wasting space? or can it altered/replaced to accomadate another phone/phone holder?

Maybe I'll drop by Peugeot tommorow and get their opinion :).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tom_N said:
Maybe I'll drop by Peugeot tommorow and get their opinion :).
Who were no help at all :D, they directed me to Halfords or something as it obviously wasn't a standard fitting. We shall see....:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts