Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's done- cancelled order and will get a new Audi Q3 in September. Really awful waiting all these months and not being given the truth(Broker or Peugeot who knows)
Still,have had the chance to switch back to petrol rather than diesel and have enjoyed all your company!
Issy

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Issy,

What can I say.

It's a disgrace the way things have gone and a real shame to be losing you as a member here.

Your posts were so helpful and will continue to be as the main one is always going to be at the top of the forum page for others to benefit from.

Wish you well Issy.

Paul

·
Registered
683 Posts
I echo everything Beau has said above. So sorry you were messed about and lied to.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Well it's done- cancelled order and will get a new Audi Q3 in September. Really awful waiting all these months and not being given the truth(Broker or Peugeot who knows)
Still,have had the chance to switch back to petrol rather than diesel and have enjoyed all your company!
Issy
Really sorry to hear that...!!! I agree with Beau and what he said is true. Before I go for Peugeot I was looking for Audi Q2 but smaller dimension was let down for me. All the best and hope Audi will deliver the vehicle on time.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yep sorry to hear that. I'm in a similar situation, in that I don't feel that dates that have been given by my broker are very sound. I note a lot of people being told 31st July by brokers but I suspect that date is just some date in the future far enough away to stop you chasing right now. Like many of the dates we see, they come and go with little evidence of them having meant anything.
As much as I like the car it is not perfect and won't hold it's value as well as other marques I suspect, everyone here of course has the rose tinted glasses on but I wouldn't pay main dealer prices for this car. So if the broker can't deliver soon, I will be cancelling also. Did you get your deposit back without a fight out of interest. My dealer quoted 18 wks so mine is not overdue yet but I know some contracts give them the ability to be as much as 60 days over that and if you cancel in that period they can claim damages.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm so, so sorry to hear that you've had to cancel Issy. You've been an excellent forum member especially with your list of useful Q&As and problems. That particular thread will be here for some time to come so you may be missing from the forum but you definitely won't be forgotten.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your Audi and I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of driving it. It's just a shame that you've now got to wait another couple of months but hopefully it's going to be worth it. I hope you'll pop in and see us sometimes, if only to let us know how you're getting on. Take care, oh and you know what they say, "Vorsprung durch Technick".

Lots of love xxxx

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Sorry to hear your news Issy and I can understand your frustration but I’m sure you have made a good choice with the Q3. If my wife’s experience is anything to go by you will not be disappointed by Audi’s customer service.

Your Q&A thread was a brilliant idea and I know you have been updating your original post from time to time so this will now be lost unless Beau has a way of ensuring it can be kept alive without your input.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Your Q&A thread was a brilliant idea and I know you have been updating your original post from time to time so this will now be lost unless Beau has a way of ensuring it can be kept alive without your input.
It's a Sticky Eugene so will always be up the top of the forum page.

I can edit/add things to it so if anyone has something they feel should be on Issy's original post, let me know and I'll add it.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Really sorry to hear that, but quite understand why you have cancelled after being messed around for months. The Q3 is a great car, and Audi dealers are a lot more helpful, and on the ball than Peugeot's.
I have now been waiting nearly 3 months for my dealer to come back with a fixed price service plan on my 3008, despite weekly reminders from me, and complaints to Peugeot Customer Services. I am now so annoyed with them that I have decided to walk away and get my car serviced by a reputable and highly recommended local garage. At least I know that the mechanics there are highly skilled, reliable people, and not a bunch of spotty teenage muppet trainees on minimum wage, who couldn't give a toss about your car.
Good luck with your Audi, because if my experience of Peugeot UK and their dealers is anything to go by, you have made a sensible choice.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
You've waited so long for the 3008 and then had the disappointment of not being delivered on the day you were told then being informed it would be end of July so you decided to cancel only to have to wait till September to get a new car. All my calenders show July comes before September so it seems a strange choice to me. The reason for cancelling was because you've had to wait for so long so you make a choice that results in what is in effect a longer wait then sticking with it.

Yes you feel like you have been lied to or at least not been given a satifactory explanation for the delays but there could be genuine resons for the delays. What happens if a similar situation happens with the Audi, will you also cancel that and choose another car with a March 2018 delivery ?

Yes I can understand the frustration and feeling let down but to my mind, the car ordered in the first place was the first choice and anything else is always going to be a compromise then having to wait an extra two months to get what was a second or third choice car would be even more frustrating.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it had just been the delivery issue then yes, probably would have waited Storman, but it was also all about the problem of whether oak trim would be included. Broker said " don't know if any plans to change but manufacturers do that and we won't know until it arrives"- so might have had to reject it then. More importantly the feedback from Forum members about Peugeot dealers overall knowledge of the car - Tom Tom etc was not encouraging.
The Audi was actually my first choice but with all the bells and whistles was much more expensive than the Peugeot- whose styling I still love.
In the end I'm going for an established car with all the "glitches" having been ironed out and with - so far- knowledgeable dealers

·
Registered
109 Posts
Issy I echo all the previous posts and it's such a shame the 3008 has been produced by Peugeot a company that is in virtual crisis. Enjoy the Audi and I've enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards
Bob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem getting the deposit back( always pay firms I don't know well that way just in case).
Broker was vague and woolly about delivery dates and oak trim- so decided to cut my losses.
Audi and Volvo dealers both independently offered the view that the delay was more about Peugeot wanting to maximise income on their investment and with the exchange rate not being in their favour, were holding deliveries back. Don't know if that's the case- more likely incompetence again another reason for opting out.
Best of luck- hope your broker delivers And quickly!
Also had niggling worry that while cars already delivered were clearly of good quality, with all the pressure on Peugeot that might not always be the case.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It's a Sticky Eugene so will always be up the top of the forum page.

I can edit/add things to it so if anyone has something they feel should be on Issy's original post, let me know and I'll add it.
Thanks Pete, :) I know it's a sticky but you have answered my point about Issy's original post.

CHRIS :thumb:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Really sorry to hear that you decided to jump ship Issy. Your input on the forum has been tremendous.

Just on what Storeman said I can see both his point and yours Issy. I can see why you cancelled as even though Peugeot are saying it will be July delivery is it REALLY going to turn up then? Who knows! So far Peugeot haven't instilled much confidence with their estimates. I'm now being told the week of the 21st July for delivery. If that date comes and goes I too will cancel as I can't be arsed waiting any longer than that.

The whole thing is turning into a massive joke with my friends who repeatedly ask 'When did Peugeot make a supercar if you have to wait so long for it to be built?' A friend bought a focus ST 3 weeks ago and he's already driving it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really do hope Paul that July 21st is the day when you get your car- preferably sooner! ( and you don't have to cancel).
For me - the all brains and no common sense retired academic- in the end it was about balance of probabilities - which meant having looked at the tortuous journey of others meant I should give up.
Also as I love all the computer type bells and whistles - but have minimal skills- I realised that I really would need a dealer rather than a Broker to get the best level of information or would ( even with the best endeavours of this forum) struggle.
Still, will be looking to replace husbands car next year and who knows- could be back on his behalf (trust me - poor as my i.t. and social media skills are - he's way, way worse, which is why I can say this, he'll never know!)
Wishing everyone safe and happy driving

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
If it had just been the delivery issue then yes, probably would have waited Storman, but it was also all about the problem of whether oak trim would be included. Broker said " don't know if any plans to change but manufacturers do that and we won't know until it arrives"- so might have had to reject it then. More importantly the feedback from Forum members about Peugeot dealers overall knowledge of the car - Tom Tom etc was not encouraging.
The Audi was actually my first choice but with all the bells and whistles was much more expensive than the Peugeot- whose styling I still love.
In the end I'm going for an established car with all the "glitches" having been ironed out and with - so far- knowledgeable dealers
Fair comment. Everybody has different ideas of what is acceptable (though I agree wholeheartedly some of the delays are unacceptable) and when to say enough is enough. With the Audi being your preferred choice then maybe it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise - who knows ?

I'm just trying to put myself in the position (hypothetically) and wondering waht I would do. Without having gone through the strain of waiting so long and then being let down on the day it should have been delivered my opinion would be to wait a bit longer as I wouldn't want an even longer wait to get my new car and not being sure if the alternative cars promised delivery date would end up also being delayed.

Anyways, best of luck and hopefully you'll be in the new car when expected.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Really sorry to see that you're leaving us, Issy but fully understand the frustration with being not told anything, dates changing but no explanation as to why and then seeing others who ordered after you with the same model etc posting that theirs has been delivered. Whilst you're happy for them, it sometimes can only add to the frustration with your own.
The Audi Q3 is a stunning car and I doubt you'll have any regrets. You'll have to keep us updated and put a photo up once you have it. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts