Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought the car a few days ago and in the morning the engine won't start at first key. It cranks and shows signs that will pick it up but it just spins and spins without firing up. Once it starts won't do that again until next morning. There are no lights on or any faults that I could find. I used an OBD to check and doesn't come up with any faults.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sounds like a fuel pressure issue. Perhaps it takes longer than usual to build up enough pressure in the system after standing for a while. Might not show up as a fault on OBD but it could be the fuel pump showing first signs of failing. There is a fuel filter integral to the pump that could be a bit clogged but it's not replaceable. Could carry on for a long time like this or it could give up the ghost. Question: can you sniff around and confirm there is no leak in the fuel pipes as even a small leak would cause poor pressurisation when left overnight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I will have a look and see if there are any signs of a leak. Do you think I should change it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
thanks for the reply. I will have a look and see if there are any signs of a leak. Do you think I should change it?
Pain in the ass to do. It is possible to confirm the theory by checking the pressure using a gauge attached to the schrader valve on the fuel rail - if you know someone who has one.

·
7,227 Posts
Can you hear fuel pump run for a few seconds when you turn on ign

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cosminm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I do but will have a better look tomorrow morning.
yes, i can hear the pump running for 2 sec or so, today started a bit difficult than usual but after it started i immediately turn it off and keyed on again and started like nothing happened.... strange

1 - 9 of 9 Posts