Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Looking for help or solution with this. I didnt noticed for start, it appeared first time few month ago, i have tried to fix it, but no luck, after taking car to peugeot center, it got repaired and made big hole in my pocket. And now i noticed - its third time, after few petro tank fill ups (happening after 3th or 4th fill up) soon after, when i drive off from petro station, the engine light comes up "engine fault, repairs needed". What is going on? Is this car made to make Peugeot money? After few fill ups, you need to go to peugeot center to give them money? Its first peugeot car i got, but experience is very bad! Dont think i will get another one after this one! Since i got it - nothing but the problems! Does anyone have same problem? Or this is somthing unexplained? The car is RCZ

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved. Its seems that petrol tank in Peugeot (not sure if it's in all models) equipped with sensors for petrol vapor and its colects it and mix it with fuel. Peugeot thinks it's "cleaner" to burn vapor then release it to atmosphere (i think both ways it's bad lol). So, if you overfill your petrol tank - there is no where for vapor to go and sencorse records like failure and engine light comes up. But filling up with petrol, you do like all other cars - put the nozzle into the holl and fill it up till its goes full and pump automatically stops pumping petro int to the tank. So if you want to avoid this annoying engine light - never fill up your petrol tank fully! Which is annoying! i keep my petro tank always full, run to the half and then taking it up! Problem solved itself after running car for while and when petrol levels gone down, the engine warning light gone away on its own, do not need any error clearings and etc, which is good.
Anyways, hop this helps to someone to solve mistery after filling up they petrol tank and and misteriesly engine light coming up saying its need repairs.

p.s. i see this forum is dead, even its looks like legit peugeot forum, but no one alive here?!

·
Registered
836 Posts
1st of all, evaporation emission control in fuel systems has been in place for decades.

2nd of all, none of my Peugeots had any issues with filling up fully, something is wrong with yours: what codes did your vehicle have? Having said that, all manufacturers say you should not overfill the fuel tank by making the pump click more than a few times, as there's a chance you'll overwhelm the evap system.
Excerpt from the RCZ's manual:

3rd of all, the forum is very much alive, look around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts