Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I am thinking of buying a 2010 Expert with a bad engine. It´s the 1.6 HDI.
first I was wondering if someone have a guide on how to remove the engine?
The second question is: will the 2.0HDI fit without any extra parts? And will the wiringlume fit?

the potential 2.0 engine is from a fiat scudo. Is it true that these cars are identical?

Thanks in advamce for all answers :)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Yes the 2 litre can be fitted with ALL ancilliary parts it is indeed the same vehicle to be honest they are all fiats with peugeot engines !
It is not a straight plug in conversion though you would need complete engine and gearbox along with exhaust parts that are different radiator intercooler and pipework full engine loom with ecu BSI from inside the doner and the doner vans key.

Much easier just to fix whatever is wrong with the 1.6 to be honest as there is not a huge difference between them

Removal of the whole engine and box is the quickest way by removing the front of the van it is very easy i could have it on the floor in 3 hours

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks the fast and good answer!
The seller of the car told me that the Timing belt snapped, so i I guess the head is beyond saving.
I believe the easiset/most cost effective thing to do is to change the whole engine.
I will check out the price of a 1.6 HDI tomorrow.

I see that the 1.6 comes in a 90hp and 120hp version. Is this the same engine with different maps/ECU, or are they different?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did plan to do that on another engine in a vivaro i once had. But on that engine the valve had broke off, and destroyed the cylinderwall and the head.
Do you believe that the head itself are in usable shape, except for the rocketarms? (is it rocketarms you mean by rockets?)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Yes vivaro engines destroy the head as do 1.8 ford engines but most others just break the rockers sometimes they dont even break anything !
Put a belt on and try it you may be lucky ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay :)
Do you have an exlpenation on why the hdi doesn’t ruin the head, and why only the rockers go bad?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Because the valves are pushed vertically into the head and the rockers snap due to being weaker than the valves and offset from the cams

The Renault engine in your vivaro has the camshaft on top of the valves with no rockers and the valves bend as the camshaft is stronger than the valves

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Followup question. Does the new engine has to come from an Expert, Jumpy, Scudo or Proace, or can it come from another Peugeot with a 1.6 HDI? Are they the same engine as long as it has 90hp?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Any 1.6 hdi will fit but like I said the sumps are different in the Van's and your replacement must be 16 valve your engine code is in your vin will be 9hz 9ht 9hp or similar format

1 - 11 of 11 Posts