Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member here. I have a peugeot 607 2.2 petrol. I was wondering whether or not it's possible to upgrade the engine to a 3.0 V6. Is it possible and how's the job like? What is required? Thank you. I really appreciate this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would need a complete doner car as everything is different !!

Cheaper just to buy a v6 one.
Oh. So it isn't as simple as buying a half cut to just transplant? Cause the 2.2 isn't powerful enough for me. That's why I want to know whether the 3.0 V6 could fit my 2.2

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
You could buy a half cut as you say but WHERE are you going to find one as not many were made

V6 has different engine gearbox driveshafts ecu bsi brakes etc etc

The v6 is not that fast either if you want fast you need a different car ALL v6 models are auto and this is what kills the performance.

I have a v6 espace same basic engine as Peugeot but no variable valve timing these also came as autos I converted my car to manual and it is an animal now scrabbling for grip in first second and sometimes third !!

I now see why they never made a manual one :)

I also needed bigger brakes as I could not stop it it now has the biggest brakes I could fit from a laguna but it could do with more that would mean bigger wheels though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could buy a half cut as you say but WHERE are you going to find one as not many were made

V6 has different engine gearbox driveshafts ecu bsi brakes etc etc

The v6 is not that fast either if you want fast you need a different car ALL v6 models are auto and this is what kills the performance.

I have a v6 espace same basic engine as Peugeot but no variable valve timing these also came as autos I converted my car to manual and it is an animal now scrabbling for grip in first second and sometimes third !!

I now see why they never made a manual one :)

I also needed bigger brakes as I could not stop it it now has the biggest brakes I could fit from a laguna but it could do with more that would mean bigger wheels though.
Ok, I don't think the transplant is worth the trouble. It seems it has a lot more to do than other cars like a K20 into a B16 civic. Thanks so much for the reply, really helps. The reason I wanted more power cause I'm a young guy. And just the other day, I tried out a 14 year old SLK 230 (supercharged). After getting out of one, I just told myself, my 607 needs some kick to it!

Just as I was about to submit this reply, I tried googling peugeot 607 3.0 V6 half cut and I immediately found one. By the way, I like the gearbox of the 3.0 one cause it uses the porche tiptronic gear.

So what are the critical things that I need to change? brakes, ecu, bsi (what is this), driveshafts, wiring, anything else?

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
EVERYTHING is slightly different and the gearboxes are pants even the tiptronic ones they are not porsche they are ZF same as non tiptronic !!

My 20 year old mazda bongo box is better !!

If you have a complete doner then its possible but not financially viable or indeed worth the agro.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EVERYTHING is slightly different and the gearboxes are pants even the tiptronic ones they are not porsche they are ZF same as non tiptronic !!

My 20 year old mazda bongo box is better !!

If you have a complete doner then its possible but not financially viable or indeed worth the agro.
I see, ok then. thank you so much for the help. By the way, how do you post pictures here? I am planning on changing the paint and interior of my car, and would like some suggestions.

·
11,711 Posts
Upload them to Photobucket.

Then in your reply click this button:

and insert the web address given to you by Photobucket when you uploaded the picture.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Upload them to Photobucket.

Then in your reply click this button:

and insert the web address given to you by Photobucket when you uploaded the picture.
I see. Thanks a lot. I'll upload my peugeot 607 on my paint job thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts