Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With risk of being declared stupid...

I own a -08 Peugeot 308 1.6 hdi that has this far been serviced at a garage. Yesterday I planned to do an oilchange myself but I couldn't figure out how to get that undertray off! Is there some special tricks to it or am I just stupid?
I have changed oil myself on my previous cars so I'm not a complete beginner. :lol:

This is my first post so I can't post links/images to picture the problem ares. But below i picture the problems going from back to front on the undertray/vehicle (the side screws/bolts near the tires are all OK):
- The nuts in rear just spin. When looking behind the cover I can see that the whole screw spins.
- The nuts in the middle of the tray came off without problem but the undertray is impossible to move. I tried pulling the undertray near one of the screws in one the holes in the tray but I can't feel any movement.
- The three bolts in the front near the bumper spins. They are fastened with some metal clips from the other side.

Hope someone can give me some advice. :)

·
2,256 Posts
Yep ...bined mine ...I know have a square hole just below the drain plug about 4 inches square...under tray now held up with a fair amount of cable ties....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they are of the flat screwdriver type then they are quarter turn like these
A 10mm socket fits on all of them.

When rotating those in the back they came about 1-2mm further open and would then tighten up again. It is possible they are something similar, perhaps if I just gave it a good pull they would come out.

Those in the middle are nuts. When the nut came off there was like a screw sticking out from the car.

When looking inside the grille I can see something that look just like ones you linked to, but on the underside there are 10mm flange bolts...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep ...bined mine ...I know have a square hole just below the drain plug about 4 inches square...under tray now held up with a fair amount of cable ties....
Making a hole seems definitely like a good idea. Perhaps using a hole saw or Dremel. The problem is that I can't see the drain plug when the undertray is in place and can't get off so I don't know where to cut/drill. Do you think you could measure from a suitable reference point where the plug is? Something like x inch from the edge and x inch from the front.

·
2,256 Posts
Hi....oil change due in about 2 months...will have a look then if not lower a corner of the tray and do a couple of exploratory holes....or lever of the under-tray and then all will be revealed.....good luck tho

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they are of the flat screwdriver type then they are quarter turn like these
I replied to this also but somehow the message did not show up...

All of them are 10mm socket. Those in the back loosen up when rotating but then tightens up again. Could be something like the ones you linked to, perhaps would be worth giving it a good pull to see if they loosen.

Those in the middle are flange nuts. When loosened a screw sticks out from under the car and through a hole in the undertray, but the tray won't move.

When looking in through the grille I can see that on the other side are definately the same type as you linked to. But there are bolts on the underside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up cutting a square hole about 10x10 cm with my Dremel for the oil plug. I was able to pinpoint the oil plug quite accurately by looking through the holes in the undertray.

I riveted the piece from the undertray that I had cut off to a slightly larger piece of sheet metal and screwed it to the undertray.

Now oil changes should be a breeze! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts