Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out if my engine is rated 110 or 112. Anyone know how to do this by using the VIN? Mine is VF30U9HZHAS256183.

Also, I live in France and I've heard references to this model not using a traditional automatic gearbox. My mechanic even referred to it as "robotic" and isn't as smooth in lower gears as a traditional automatic. Anyone heard of this and if so, how is it referred to in English -- and, for that matter, in French?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Your engine code is 9HZ as for power output 2 hp wont really make any difference

Robotic is what the box is if its not a full auto then its basically a manual box with electronic controlled gearchange and clutch a real auto box will work better in most cases

citroen sensodrive is what you are talking about no idea what peugeot are calling it.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
From the Service Box:

3008 5-DOOR CROSS OVER 1.6 HDi 110 particle emission filter (DV6TED4) piloted manual gearbox 6

TRANSMISSION 6-SPEED CONTROLLED MANUAL GEARBOX

As I understand it, it has a manual gearbox and clutch which is operated by a computer and servomechanisms. It is often called automated manual transmission. Article here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the Service Box:

3008 5-DOOR CROSS OVER 1.6 HDi 110 particle emission filter (DV6TED4) piloted manual gearbox 6

TRANSMISSION 6-SPEED CONTROLLED MANUAL GEARBOX

As I understand it, it has a manual gearbox and clutch which is operated by a computer and servomechanisms. It is often called automated manual transmission. Article here.
Thanks IanML. Very helpful. I?ve got one bit of paperwork that shows it as 110 and another source citing it as 112, so that helps clarify things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts