Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know if the 207 (1.4, 2007 reg) has an 'average' temperature it would be once the engine has properly warmed up, and how quickly the temperature should rise?

I ask I've had problems with the car since I bought it- it went in for a head gasket replacement at the start of the year, but after that it kept loosing water. Since then it's been back in the garage where they said the gasket they had originally fitted was poor (why fit it in the first place then?), and replaced it with a 'superior quality' one..

Since Ive had it back it's seems ok other than the engine seems to reach 90 degrees in about 5 mins- it stays at this temp and doesnt rise at all, but before it went in it took a good 15-20 mins to get to this temperature? Im comparing from the same journey start (home in a village), so its not going on any major roads too begin with.

Any ideas? And apologies for a rambling post!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi David,

Overheating- the gasket went completely on the M1 with a lot of smoke. No oil problems, all mine seem to be with the coolant system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the temperature sensor changed when the gasket went- is the thermostat something else? (apologies if this is a dumb question)..

·
Registered
164 Posts
Engine Temperature

I had a 207 1.4 16v (2007) from new until a few weeks ago when I PX'd it for a 207cc. The temperature behaviour was as follows (winter or summer made no significant difference)

Start up from cold.
Within 2/3 minutes needle started to rise. By this time I was usually on the expressway going to work...usually about 60mph.

After 5 minutes from start up temp. was on 90. It would then drop after a minute or two to about 70 (thermostat opening I suppose)

After another minute or two it would be back up to 90....where it would stay for the rest of my journey (in fact it never went above 90 even in heavy traffic)

So 90 after 5 minutes was normal for me for 6 years and I never had a problem. In fact the bloody car never gave me a problem so why the hell did I sell it?

What you describe seems ok to me but I can see why you are worrying if it's not the same as it was previously. But try not to!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great, thanks for the reply- it's put my mind to rest! I think as I've had problems with it Im looking out for anything unusual or different and thinking the worst!

Hopefully it will be ok now, and no more visits to the garage (at least for a few months) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts