Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,

has anyone experience a sudden drop of the engine coolant temperature guage and up to normal in a minute or two ??? if so please advise how you fixed it..

all water levels are as normal..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
45 views an no answer.. surely I cant be the only one.. Peugeot dealer said its a common fault..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Scot
A similar thing happens with my temp gauge but the techs @ Perrys Blackburn say its normal! In town its has a 'normal' reading of 90c.. out of town it averages 65-70c, motorway drops to 50c or lower!.. they say there is nothing wrong with the system and gauge and infact changed the sender unit.. ''its just normal'' :confused:

They say with it been a V6 auto, everything it cooled with water, including the autobox, I still find it hard to accept their finding.. does any other V6 owners have the same issues ?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt it thats the case mate..

The Peugeots have a known fault of the sensor failing.. which causes the guage to drop.. I have had it replaced and it cost me £20.. since then I have had no problems..

·
Registered
38 Posts
BUT.... they did change the sender/sensor unit and the gauge still reads the same....

Like i said, i will just have to accept it and watch the gauge if it starts to shoot up past 90!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Scotcruz said:
hi folks,

has anyone experience a sudden drop of the engine coolant temperature guage and up to normal in a minute or two ??? if so please advise how you fixed it..

all water levels are as normal..
85% of my driving is motorway and the temp usually sits just left of 12 'o' clock - 90 degrees.

Then when town driving and stop start it sits bang on 90. But I've not noticed any sudden drops or increases on the gauge....

Tris

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TristanC said:
85% of my driving is motorway and the temp usually sits just left of 12 'o' clock - 90 degrees.

Then when town driving and stop start it sits bang on 90. But I've not noticed any sudden drops or increases on the gauge....

Tris
normally its 90 degrees... which engine ideal temperature..

when it suddenly drops for few seconds and goes back to normal, its the temperature sensor near the head which needs to be replaced..

Yours seems to be fine Tristan.. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts