Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Noticed today that my temperature gauge intermittently goes to 0 (cold) then back to normal running temperature when I pick up some speed.

Doesn't happen a lot. Just wondering is it a seperate sensor for that gauge or is the same one which is used to maintain the engine temperature?

If its the latter I really need to get it sorted out asap as I don't really fancy the car overheating in the current heatwave.:nono:

Peugeot 307 2.0HDi DTurbo (110BHP FAP) 2004

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Looking at the engine from the front- its on the right to the side of the top of the engine. I believe that the engine computer also reads the sensor signal to work the glow plugs etc - so even if you are prepared to put up with the wibbly wobbly needle - you need to replace cos of the glow plug situation.

Doddle to replace - the sensor is simply held in by a circlip - but make sure to get a new rubber washer for it. The sensors orf fleee bay don't come with the washer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Clanless, can you give us an ebay link to one of those sensors? :thumb:

I alslo noticed today a small puddle of (red) water under the car.

Had a quick look under the bonnet and it looks like the radiator has sprung a leak.

Didn't get a chance to do a proper check and doesn't seem to be too major at the moment. However I can't see how that would be related to my sensor problem.

If thats the case it looks I have a radiator to replace as well as the sensor.

Is the rad replacement pretty straight forward. Any tips or things to look out for would be great

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
This is the evil bay link :

CITROEN PEUGEOT TEMP SENSOR 1338C1 GENUINE INC SEAL | eBay UK

This one also inlcludes the seal - most others on flea bay don't.

Not sure about radiator - I've never replaced one. Sounds like a minor leak - so either just keep an eye on the coolant level and top up as necessary - the cars display will beep and tell you when it is low, or bung in some radweld type stuff and give that a go. I've used 'K-seal' in the past - and it does work (at least for me).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Clanless, I'll keep an eye out on ebay when a genuine one comes up with a seal

Thought about using Radweld for my radiator leak, any disadvantages on using this stuff, apart from it potentially not working?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'm pleased to hear that it worked.

Thing with k-seal is that it keeps on doing its job - so if any more leaks spring up it will seal them for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts