Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Cowwie.. Again..

So been looking at finding a replacement engine for my 407, the turbo is kaput, the injectors fire more rubbish into the engine bay than they do into the cylinders, the egr is currently unplugged, not to mention the DMF is knackered and it needs a new clutch..

short of taking it into the woods and torching it, id really like to get my baby back on the road, so an engine swap has been suggested the cheapest and simplest way.

now nothing is ever simple with cars in my life. my current daily driver went in for a clutch and so far has needed as well as said clutch a new flywheel and 2 springs as they'd snapped unbeknownst to me..

SO my question is.. what do I swap over from old engine to new engine to make the transition as smooth as possible..

Injectors have to be recoded in planet i believe.. is there anything else???

the ecu i have, would that plug & play with the new engine?

I read somewhere egr valves have to be "primed" or something..

any help or advice be greatly received.. unless it's methods of torching it. :D

many thanks. :D

cowwie xx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well.. there's helpful :D i was half asleep i forgot to mention the engine in question.

its a 1.6hdi DV6TED4 9HZ 110 DPF

It's the intercooler / intake area that confuses me. there seems to be many variants of this setup.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
All 16 valve versions are essentially the same engine regardless of where it lives peugeot citroen volvo mazda ford mini etc etc some have intercooler some dont depending on vehicle turbos differ depending on power output but core unit is the same up to euro 5 versions

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh right ok..

the last pic is identical layout to mine, the other two are variants.. so as you say the differences is the intercooler layout? whats the bit the silencer from the turbo connects to in mine? is that the intake housing?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so Id just mate my intercooler setup to it?

that sounds easy. :D

would I have to do anything in PP/Diagbox?

the ecu side daunts me more than the physical swap. how hard can an engine be to get out!? :cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The ecu stays on the car !

Take the WHOLE engine and box out with the wiring still fitted then split it from the box on the floor as some of the wiring goes down the back and is hard to get at much easier on the floor
Wiring unplugs from fusebox/ecu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts