Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 54 plate peugeot 407 diesel 2.0 hdi has just totally lost all power and cut out while cruising at 70 mph, all of a sudden nothing... but there was still power for the lights etc, so cant have been the battery, which i thought it might have been at first....can anybody help me please.....ps, i had a look under the bonnet, couldnt see anything obvious, battery terminals looked fine, everything looked ok. I got back in the car which mustve been around 10minutes later, turned the key and it started again and away i went with no further problems....what could have caused this to happen...it needs sorting because im frightened it happens again & doesnt restart.....can anybody help me please.?
recently too, it seems to have lost alot of power accellerating and the fuel consumption has dropped....on a run i can only get around 32-33 mpg travelling at around a constant 80mph, thought these cars were supposed to be better than this on fuel...? any ideas what could be causing it please...? thanks very much to all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts