Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 peugeot 307 auto.

After driving the car for a bit, when i switch the car off and then on the car won't start up. I get a clicking sound though.

When i leave the car for a hour or two and try and switch on the car it works.

Why is it doing this?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Any change if you move the gear selector back and forth and then try it? On my last automatic, there was a switch that prevents your starting it in gear; you have to be in ‘N’. There could be a fault there.

That aside, make sure the solenoid is seated properly, that the battery is not getting hot after a run and that the battery earth and the connection to the starter motor are good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Similar Problem

Driftwood, I am experiencing a similar problem with my '03' 1600 Auto SE. It will go for weeks with no problems then gives the same symptoms you describe. When the problem first started it used to zero everything (reset the trip computer) & everything else electrical died. I have had the starter checked & replaced at the same time as the battery was tested & replaced (under warranty) this appeared to cure the problem for a few months but it is back again without the resetting of the trip computer or loss of electrics.

After 2 or 3 clunks of the solenoid (which would normally indicate worn brushes in the starter motor but not in this case) the car will start as if there was no problem.

I have noticed that if I wiggle the gearchange lever in park when the car is reluctant, it will start so perhaps there is something there.

If you did find a solution to this problem I would appreciate your advice.

:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts