Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have the 1.2 petrol 3008.

Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble to getting used to the 'throaty' tone of the engine when accelerating in 1st or 2nd? It's not as quiet or as refined as I expected, but it's only done 200 miles so perhaps it will improve overtime. Higher gears are fine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi

Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble to getting used to the 'throaty' tone of the engine when accelerating in 1st or 2nd? It's not as quiet or as refined as I expected, but it's only done 200 miles so perhaps it will improve overtime. Higher gears are fine.
Hi Wolfe I know what you mean but I used to enjoy that throaty sound. However having now gone thru the 1200 mile mark in my 1.2 petrol 3008, things have become so quiet I don't hear the engine at all. Hope you will experience the same transformation.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hi

Some don't like V8s for the same reason.:thumb:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi

I'm not sure what you mean with "throaty" sound since you only have discovered it in 1st and 2nd, but all 3 cylinder petrol engines (like yours) have a very recognisable sound. Personally I think they sound like the old rally cars from the 60's (although much more quiet) when you push the engine hard.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
A lot of the 3008's praise for the 1.2 engine from motor press reviewers and the people who voted engine of the year...twice...loved that throaty noise.

I for one agree with them....sounds great.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi

I love the sound...only disappointment for me is that you can't hear it as much in the higher gears because of the road noise. I even turn the radio down sometimes just to listen to it as I'm pulling away lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts