Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have recently bought a used Peugeot 407 and I noticed that the engine service lamp is on when I turn the key to the IGN+ position (without starting the engine). When I actually start the engine, they service lamp goes off and I also have no issues whatsoever with the car. There are also no error messages on the display and the engine works smoothly.

I have attached the car to my PP2000 diagnostics system and when I run an ECU test, there are no stored error messages beside an error message that a sensor in the electric mirrors is not working correctly (which is weird anyway as the fold fine) - but the ECU for the engine has no stored errors.

Any idea what that might be - what is really weird is that the light stays on in IGN+ but goes off when started and that there is also no errors stored in the ECU. Is there maybe a different section in PP2000 for errors that cause the light to come up at IGN+ but not when the engine is running? Any other ideas? Or is it normal that the indicator is on at the IGN+ key position without the engine being started?

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
821 Posts
Isnt that normal? I get that all the time, and i was figuring it probably means to remind me that my car has an engine :D I dont get any errors or faults on startign engine, the bulb goes off after a second or two.

J

·
0 Posts
Mine doesn`t go out until maybe 1-2 seconds after starting, i take it you`re talking about engine management light MIL.
Ditto :thumb:

What does the actual service reminder look like though, and does this go off once starting.... never seen mine as had it serviced before it was due.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi!

That was basically my question - if that's normal ;) Just wondered as all the other lights (SRSs etc.) all go off one by one when I turn the key to IGN+, the only one that stays on is the engine light, so I thought that there might be some sort of error message stored in the management system. But mine does the same as described by all of you - goes off after 1-2 seconds once the engine is started, so I just rest my case ;)

Thanks for the help, gives me some assurance that nothing is wrong!

Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts