Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Last winter this problem first occurred and a local garage couldn't find a fault. It's been fine since then until now where last week it started happening again.

Randomly, mainly on motorway journeys, of varying lengths, and different times of day, the engine seems to jolt. If I'm quick I can see the rev counter drop right down, but then back up to what it was, say around 20,000.

It can sometimes happen once a journey, other multiple times.

It's a 307cc diesel 2 litre 180 model.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
as Gibbo points out look at the map and see whos close with planet and they will check your car,

no lights strange as if the car was to lose power it should give you a engine light, I would looking to getting the fuel filter changed in case its blocking the fuel supply just an idea

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Messages someone close, I live in birmingham.

It's really strange, it doesn't actually cut out, just the revs drop and it jolts, but it doesn't even last a second, it's so quick, drops then right back up. Did it a few times this morning on motorway.

I can't remember exactly what happened last year, but I remember the revs dropped right down on the motorway and didn't come back up. Had to pull in to hard shoulder, but engine was still going. Turning engine e off and back on fixed it. That only happened twice, otherwise it was just as was now, very very quick.

Strange it only started happening when we had the cold day the other week.

·
11,968 Posts
I had a similar problem, it was the diesel fuel heater sensor.

A quick diagnostic showed up the fault code for that part. A parameters measurement showed that it was sensing the fuel was -50c.

£30 for a new part and all is well.

Another thing it could be is a faulty EGR valve. Again, that will show up with a diagnostic.

P

·
0 Posts
What sort of fuel are you using? I found in my 307, if i used supermarket fuel, i would get strange things like what you are describing.

S

·
0 Posts
I can't remember exactly what happened last year, but I remember the revs dropped right down on the motorway and didn't come back up. Had to pull in to hard shoulder, but engine was still going. Turning engine e off and back on fixed it. That only happened twice, otherwise it was just as was now, very very quick.
I had that about a week ago, engine dropped to tickover and it was almost as if it had lost connection with the pedal

A quick restart and all was good

Mine didn't throw any codes on planet or put the MIL on though so I'm at a loss as to why :confused: luckily its only been the once!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts