Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive had my 307cc for a month now and have noticed that it heats up really quickly. Went out for a spin with the roof down this evening and it was up to 80 deg c within about 1 mile of my house and i haddn't gone over 30. Ive never noticed the car go over 80-85 but usually as soon as I stop at lights or junctions etc the fan cuts in. For the first time I was having a potter arround looking at houses so we were driving long periods at low speeds and the car was up to 90deg but didnt go any higher, when I got home I left it run a bit to see what would happen after a while the fan cut in. Doesnt seem to bother the car but I dont think its normal really, I cant really find anything on the forum that fits this exact issue. Anyone any advice, is this normal? :thumb:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hi all,

Ive had my 307cc for a month now and have noticed that it heats up really quickly. Went out for a spin with the roof down this evening and it was up to 80 deg c within about 1 mile of my house and i haddn't gone over 30. Ive never noticed the car go over 80-85 but usually as soon as I stop at lights or junctions etc the fan cuts in. For the first time I was having a potter arround looking at houses so we were driving long periods at low speeds and the car was up to 90deg but didnt go any higher, when I got home I left it run a bit to see what would happen after a while the fan cut in. Doesnt seem to bother the car but I dont think its normal really, I cant really find anything on the forum that fits this exact issue. Anyone any advice, is this normal? :thumb:
nothing to worry about mate.. its normal.. and the fact the fan is coming on when stopped in traffic etc is also normal.. few things to check..

Oil - how often to do you change the oil, what it is like visually?
Coolant - any loss in level of coolant, when was it last changed?
Do you have two fans or one fan on the radiator? reason I ask that if you have two then the low speed fan may have been burnt out or resistors damaged..

let us know mate..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply.

Ive only had the car 4 weeks, the car "has just been serviced" although I had to put a litre of oil in it cause the level was low (the air filter was new however so I think it had been serviced). Not used any more oil since I topped it up, the water bottle is full and has never budged. Not sure about the fan, I had a quick look earlier and could only see 1 but it was just a quick look. As for how old the rad is looks like its been on from new but the car only has 49k on it (54 plate) looks in good nick and no leaks.

I guess what im really after is someone else with a 2.0 petrol to tell me if theirs does the same :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts