Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a citroen dispatch, but it is the same as the partner I think. it a 2002 HDI model.

I have had the van a few weeks and the wiring has been cobbled in various places.

I have had cold start problems which I think I have fixed..... keep you posted on that one.

My problem today is the heater is blowing cool and the coolant pipes dont seem to be getting very warm even when left to idle for a long time. I have popped in a new T/Stat and there appears to be no leaks in the system.
my initial thoughts were a bunged up heater matrix, but as the coolant pipes don't appear to be getting very hot perhaps its something else. The temp gauge gets to about 70 degrees but even then the coolant pipes dont seem hot to the touch.
I would describe my abilities as a competent amateur and any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cool runnings

today i managed to get the hoses off the heater matrix, its pretty hard to blow thru the pipes so my guess is its sludged up. what is that torpedo looking thing which the heater matrix connects to and has ribbed metal pipes going to the back of the engine.

oh and its being a pain to start again now. Hot or cold !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basil Faulty

Well 6am this morning, would it start !!!!!!! would it Hell! Iwas running around like basil, tharashing it with a big stick and waking the neighbours with my swering .
So Mrs Lipster had no car today. I have ordered a Heater matrix, glow plugs and fuel filter,----- Something for the weekend. I will fit them and see if they make any difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts