Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just bought a 17 plate 2008 1.2 turbo and noticed it sounds quite throaty in first and second, just wondered if anyone else has noticed this.
It’s not a terrible sound just like to know its normal for this car.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have the same engine in my 3008 and I can confirm there's quite a throaty roar when you pull away quickly so I think that's normal and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Most people don't realise this but the engine gets strained quite heavily when pulling away from a standstill.... often above 70-80% engine load and that's when pulling away gently.

It's why you should start a bit more gently to put less strain on your engine / gearbox / clutch and of course for MPG / Emissions....

..... and the main reasons I absolutely detest traffic lights which can't sense traffic flow and makes everyone stop at the wrong time or going through a set of traffic lights and you stop/start at EVERY single traffic light, which is absolutely terrible for the environment because the engine will be running rich at that point increasing emissions dramatically.

Back to the topic though - that throaty sound is your engine producing as much torque as it can.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts