Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2008 1.6 HDi (2017 model year) has an engine warning light on and a display warning saying that there's an engine fault and the car needs repair. My cheapo scanner is reporting an error code of U029d which googles as a generic OBD code indicating that the system has lost communication with the NOx sensor. Has anyone had this fault before and is it likely to be the actual sensor or just something as simple as the Adblue needing to be topped up?

·
Registered
38 Posts
i would assume a sensor or wiring fault... you need to get under the vehicle safely and check the wiring.. may have chaffed through on something or been eaten by rodents...stranger things have happened

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It was due a service in the next couple of weeks so I had it done today and asked them to have a look. Its not a clearcut issue as the warning light has since gone out again but they're going to order in a new NOx sensor and take it all apart next week to see what's going on. Luckily its under warranty so there's no charge.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My experience was that the NOx sensor had to be replaced. I've no idea how difficult a job it is but it took the dealer less than two hours to replace. I've no idea of costs either as the car is still under warranty (5 years here in Ireland).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts