Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldn't mind knocking a second or two off my 0-60 time and I've seen many sites which, for less than £200, claim to be able to do just that (and improve fuel economy to boot) just by plugging a laptop in!

Has anyone any experience of doing this? Does it work? And what are the downsides?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Give Steve at HDI Tuning a message he knows his stuff and will point you in the right direction :thumb:
If you search on here you should find him.

·
Registered
241 Posts
What car and engine? Don't worry about breaking your engine, all our maps are made properly and have lots of testing to make sure things like that don't happen.

The HDI engines can actually be pushed to almost double their stock power without rebuilding the internals if the mapping is done right, very strong engines.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What car and engine? Don't worry about breaking your engine, all our maps are made properly and have lots of testing to make sure things like that don't happen.

The HDI engines can actually be pushed to almost double their stock power without rebuilding the internals if the mapping is done right, very strong engines.
It's a 307 2.0 SE Auto. 2004 vintage with c24,000 miles on the clock. As I say, I'm not after Group 2 Rally performance - just something a little more lively, smoother and, if possible, economical!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is that 90, 110 or 136 BHP? They can all come with different ECUs, look on my website though it will have the information you're after.

Steve

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sorry, I assumed you had a diesel.
If it's a naturally aspirated petrol it's just a waste of money, you won't get any real gains except an apparent increase in throttle response if the throttle maps are tweaked, maybe a few more BHP but without a turbo you're not going to get big gains. I would save your money.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wouldn't mind knocking a second or two off my 0-60 time and I've seen many sites which, for less than £200, claim to be able to do just that (and improve fuel economy to boot) just by plugging a laptop in!

Has anyone any experience of doing this? Does it work? And what are the downsides?
hey bud, I got a 307 Hdi... on a 04 plate and I just had mine stage 1 remapped for just 99 quid by some geezer in Faversham in kent,, hes good at what he does and dyno run got roughly 145 bhp.. quick as a woman on her monthlys..

looking to stage 2 now.. haven't done a quarter mile yet to give a reading

·
Registered
32 Posts
@HDI-Tuning

How far along are you with the 2ltr HDI 136 map.

I have a 407 sw, looking at a remap, get a little more power and and see if I can get a little more fuel economy too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm almost there, I've got a spare ECU sat on my bench and the BDM probes are in the post on the way to me. Next is to buy a 307 136 to test the maps on. Shouldn't be too much longer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm almost there, I've got a spare ECU sat on my bench and the BDM probes are in the post on the way to me. Next is to buy a 307 136 to test the maps on. Shouldn't be too much longer.
If you fancy using a 407 sw as a guinea pig I have one here ;) lol

Have you got any other suggestions for 407 tuning? Would be interested in doing a few tweeks. Had a look on your website, you done some awesome projects.

Shame you haven't got some pics of the builds.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I can't use your car as a guinea pig, it's not the way to do it and also I'll need it for quite a long time. Developing maps can take a while and it also requires some pretty heavy testing as I need to make sure that it's all safe to run for the kind of drivers who drive it as hard as they can every time they use it.

I sometimes put pictures up on the facebook group, never thought of putting them on the website though. I'll be making some videos of the gt20 206 once I'm finished with it, has a pretty nice 0-60 time too ;)

If you follow the HDI Tuning facebook page then you'll see when the maps become available for the RHR.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can understand where you're coming from with that.

As for Facebook, unfortunately I am one of them strange people that doesn't use facebook. So I tend to rely on forums for inspiration.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
hey bud, I got a 307 Hdi... on a 04 plate and I just had mine stage 1 remapped for just 99 quid by some geezer in Faversham in kent,, hes good at what he does and dyno run got roughly 145 bhp.. quick as a woman on her monthlys..

looking to stage 2 now.. haven't done a quarter mile yet to give a reading

What bhp was it before the remap ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts