Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im having few probs with my 206glx 1.4 again,,
latest problem is other week it has started to be very lumpy or sluggish on start up so i have to rev it or else it wont start,,
only the engine light came on whislt i was in trafficafter a few mins it will stabilise and its fine but at times the revs are up and down aswell,,
so took it to a garge and it came back with a fault,,the fault it registered was called mixture control 295???
so am rather amused by this as this yr changed the battery, plugs, and the o2 sensor for starters so am tryin to find any ideas rather than forking out loads of money each time,,,generally driving is fine only when its cold it always the same probs,,,if i dont rev it it wont start,,:thumb: :confused:
thanks anybody who can give me abit of guidence on this.

G

·
The code should begin with a letter, such as 'P' for powertrain, followed by 4 numerix characters, ie, P4321.

If I assume you mean P0295, the code is " Cylinder 12 Injector Circuit High", which doesn't make any sense on a 4 cylinder car. I think it might be referring the Idle Air Control Valve, sometimes referred to as the stepper motor, but if you could clarify the DTC code I could check again for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, im not quite sure what the code was but thats all i remember but after scouting loads and loads of forums the stepper motor is the next thing to change,,, so fingers crossed it has cost me a fortune this car :rolleyes:
thanks for your help.

G

·
Try removing it and cleaning it first, that sometimes works. I don't think they're expe nsive if you need to buy a new one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well done the idle air valve control not that,,also changed the temp sensor for ecu unit not that ,,it has stayed the same diffucult to start when cold,,,driving is fine just in the mornings any more ideas please.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Idle air control valve

Vicky, it sounds like you and I are having similar problems with different symptoms. My V-Reg 1.1L 206 will occasionally start to race when the throttle bypass is connected to its ECU, and disconnecting it means it's hard to keep running when cold. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost you to change the ECU temp sensor? Next step after that is the ECU.

There seems to be some folkore that even if the ECU check shows no issue there is some "special process" that Peugeot can apply to "reset" the ECU, if that's the problem.

Sounds a little implausible to me, but you never know.

Best,

Martin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi,,app there is another sensor that will try,,hopefully might sort it out but you never know,,,
the temp sensor cost around £13,,from peugeot dealers,, but i got it for less as my brother a mechanic,, changed it seconds,,preferably when the car is cold,,,
i did have the high revs but changed the idle air valve it seems ok i got that of ebay for £20.00,,
im not to sure with all the mechanical side of things,,,once my car is warm you can beat it drives great,,,if its not any of the senosrs i dread to think,,,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tried the idle air valve

But it didn't fix the problem (the mech said it made it worse, apparently??) so have reverted to the old one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts