Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

I have a problem with my Peugeot 307sw engine 1.6 diesel.

When accelerating, starting with 2000 rpm, I hear a rumble (the rumble sounds like I have 6000 rpm) and the consumption now had doubled.

I checked the air filter and housing in order that ill find them incorrectly fitted.

I cleaned the MAS sensor (with contact solution) and nothing.

Knowing that I had an incident where I forged the clutch and strong smoke came up, I tough that's the clutch to blame.

So the solution was to change the clutch kit.

I changed it and behaves the same.

I mention that in the last six months in addition to clutch kit the distribution kit have been changed.

Could someone know a reason why the engine behave like this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
14,628 Posts
Your description is hard to follow but your noise could be the flywheel was this changed when the clutch was changed ?
you say distribution kit was changed i assume that is what we would call timing belt kit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your description is hard to follow but your noise could be the flywheel was this changed when the clutch was changed ?
you say distribution kit was changed i assume that is what we would call timing belt kit
Only the clutch was changed.

You might be right on the flywheel.

I know that it needs to be changed due to vibration that occur every time i put it in reverse.

But i never thought that this may be related to my problem.

PS: I was referring to timing belt kit.

·
Registered
14,628 Posts
The rumble could be flywheel then but only if it is a dual mass flywheel it would not explain the higher fuel consumption though.

You may be better making a short video of the car driving so we can actually hear the noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts