Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my first post on this site. I've just bought a 508 which has been running like a dream. However yesterday I had a warning of Engine Oil Pressure fault - Stop the vehicle. The car appears to still be running fine. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be please?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I've no specific knowledge of the 508, but, if you have checked the dipstick and the sump is filled correctly, it could be that the oil filter is blocked.

I would drain, fit a new filter, refill, and hopefully the light will stay out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i once parked car on a slope (nose was much higher) and when i start engine after 45-60 min i got warning to check oil level... just FYI

·
Registered
89 Posts
i've heard of oil pressure warnings on cheaper oil filters degrading, some of the 2.0hdi's have the paper cartridge type (mine included), with differing quality of 3rd party parts. Affects the 1.6HDI too. I'd start there.

·
Registered
508 2.0 HDI Auto 2012
18 Posts
I had sim problems, limp mode and both oil sensors ,high and low, errors. Solution was simple:), oil dipp stick was broken and bit of plastic left was used as gauge! Car had 1.5 l of oil extra and made oil sensors to trow error codes. I believe , one sensor is for “something is wrong with oil” and another one is only for high oil level. It caused mid sump gasket failure and oil leak...big job! I drove in limp mode over 25km and gearbox end seal damage and leak.... Another big job! All of this because of broken dip stick.
I would check dip stick as it is known issue.
cheers , good luck!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have the same issue. Peugeot say that the timing belt is shredding and fibres have got in to the filter. Mine is 3 years old and under warranty.
Timing belt fibers have got into which filter?

·
Registered
477 Posts
See Post #2 this thread.
How would fibers from timing belt got in to the oil? Timing belt is under the cover and nowhere near the oil, at least on my 2.2 HDi.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.