Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, I was braking coming up to a red light and a message came on the dashboard saying "Engine Oil Pressure Failure - STOP the vehicle" along with a loud bleeping! I stopped at the red light and put the handbrake on then the message went away again. I've checked the oil which was normal and I've not had a leak on the driveway. Could this be a faulty sensor or is it more likely I'll need a new Oil Pump?

· Registered
165 Posts
When you say the oil was normal do you mean normal (level) on the dipstick or was the car telling you it was normal? The oil level sensors are not particularly reliable and if you're going by the 'OIL OK' message this may not be accurate.

· Registered
1 Posts
This morning, I was braking coming up to a red light and a message came on the dashboard saying "Engine Oil Pressure Failure - STOP the vehicle" along with a loud bleeping! I stopped at the red light and put the handbrake on then the message went away again. I've checked the oil which was normal and I've not had a leak on the driveway. Could this be a faulty sensor or is it more likely I'll need a new Oil Pump?
I'm in a similar situation. Did you find out the reason for that issue?

· Super Moderator
4,549 Posts
Start a new thread as this is too old and you havnt given any imformation.....this thread closed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.