Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now my 307 is nearly 10 years old and covered over 130k so engine leaks are to be expected of this age with gaskets, seals, o rings etc gradually de-grading.

However, as I maintain my 307 religiously I have embarked on looking into the issue to see if I can investigate a solution.

The engine is quite sound, no issues so this leak is again nothing major at the moment. It appears the oil is coming from around the turbo area near or just below the air inlet / air filter housing.

The only work recently done in last 12 months is a cambelt change & clutch replacement so I would have thought not related to bad workmanship; after all it was a Peugeot dealer.

So, the obvious thing to do is a engine clean down with thinners and go from there. The leak is not dripping to floor, or if it is it is extremely gradual and not noticed.

Thoughts? Possible issue in future? Worth me cleaning down to see? Any ideas of known places around this area it leaks from and why?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
248 Posts
the turbo has its own oil supply, which it needs to cool itself - I would start there, take it off and examine the pipework, seals and joints

1 - 2 of 2 Posts