Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people,

im going to do an oil and filter change, its long overdue....i was thinking about doing an engine flush while im at it also, but one mechanic told me that a flush actually can strip the engine of all the good lubrication? any truth to that?

im going to use mobil 5w30 for my 1.6 hdi, ive heard its the best out there...

thanks

·
11,787 Posts
Copied from another forum, I agree with this:

Personally I think its unnecessary if the oil and filter are changed frequently.

On the other hand if the servicing has been neglected and the engine is full of old black deposits, flushing it can be a disaster, as it just loosens all the gunge and ensures that it gets pumped round everywhere.

So in conclusion, if I did use an engine flush I'd probably re-fill with cheap oil and then do another change a few hundred miles later.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i have been told the same from my 1st car that engine flush removeds the good lubrication and when i talk to my dad about it hes the same dont bother just to drain the oil change the filter just add some slick50 to the car, i have been doing that every 2nd oil change and to me the cars engine sounds better just my thoughts :thumb:

·
Registered
535 Posts
hi people,
one mechanic told me that a flush actually can strip the engine of all the good lubrication? any truth to that?
thanks
This has been going around since I was a lad in the 60's. Flushing oil does not strip away "good lubrication".

Look at it this way - is there any point ever washing out your glass if you intend putting a new drink in it?

I think flushing every 2 changes should be enough.:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts