Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2018 3008 - recently noticed that the Engine oil consumption has increased, I have gone to the dealership and they are now conducting a test to see how much oil is actually burning per 1000 KM ( I am to run around 2500 KM and go to the dealership) I was told that the average consumption is around 250 Ml per 1000 KM. Is this correct? My initial thought was there maybe an issue with the PCV Valve, However it might also be due to leaks in the engine.

Has anyone experienced something of this sort ? Once I get a proper answer from the service guys ill post it here

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
One of the may known problem with this awful engine, your Peugeot dealer will be best placed to assist you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone experienced something of this sort ? Once I get a proper answer from the service guys ill post it here
I have a 2018 5008 with 1.2 petrol, drive approx 15000km per year and refill 1l-1.5l oil per year in total. my dealer said 0.25l per 1000km is the acceptable upper limit consumption according to psa specs, its not the average. my oil consumption has been stable like this since the second year. it is particularly during the cold season with lots of short trips the consumption goes up. (I routinely check oil level as a habit I got after owning a 2005 toyota that burned 5 liters per year..., that car was bought by a neighbour and still runs just fine btw so I dont worry too much about oil consumption, the important thing is to not run dry)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do you guys get any notification, like top up engine oil on the dashboard or just check on the dipstick. I have the same engine, manufactured 2019 and in this time nothing. I do some checks before a long trip but never experienced oil level to be low. I've done 38000km with the car so far.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you guys get any notification, like top up engine oil on the dashboard or just check on the dipstick. I have the same engine, manufactured 2019 and in this time nothing. I do some checks before a long trip but never experienced oil level to be low. I've done 38000km with the car so far.
on my car the notification about oil level comes very early, because I can only add 0.3-0.4 litres and then it is at MAX. if my old Toyota gave the same warning, the level was below MIN on the dipstick...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 2018 5008 with 1.2 petrol, drive approx 15000km per year and refill 1l-1.5l oil per year in total. my dealer said 0.25l per 1000km is the acceptable upper limit consumption according to psa specs, its not the average. my oil consumption has been stable like this since the second year. it is particularly during the cold season with lots of short trips the consumption goes up. (I routinely check oil level as a habit I got after owning a 2005 toyota that burned 5 liters per year..., that car was bought by a neighbour and still runs just fine btw so I dont worry too much about oil consumption, the important thing is to not run dry)
Thanks for the update , I Was told the same by the dealership 0.25 L per 1000 KM as the upper limit, however since I drive in the tropics not sure how these standards change, next will will be taking my vehicle to the check up , lets see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had to top up oil twice before the routine services, which is strange and hasn't happened before, I also got the notification that oil level is low, so of course went to the dealer. Howevere i drive in Sri Lanka ( tropical weather) into sure how usual standards work here. My usage is around 60 KM a day in town .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks @mudlogger and @rachitha.dayaratne for your feedback. I find this very strange. Like I already mentioned I have 38000km and never had this notification. OK, had once but that was the service fault because they put too much oil in the engine and probably the sensor went crazy. I'm not relying on notifications, like I said I check the oil level on the dipstick especialy before going on a longer trip and oil level is always the same.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Honestly cannot believe your slating the 1.2 engine im on my second car with one in 4 years and never had to put any oil in the car at all between services, weird

Reactions: Gittos

·
Registered
78 Posts
Honestly cannot believe your slating the 1.2 engine im on my second car with one in 4 years and never had to put any oil in the car at all between services, weird
Same for me.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I’ve had 3008 1.2 for over 4 years now. I can’t do 15k km without adding some oil. Sometimes it’s 0.5 litres. Sometimes up to 1 litre. Have seen the oil warning light once. I’ve done 70k km from 0 now. It doesn’t seem like it’s getting worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The answer has been found "the piston rings are worn out or the valve seal is broken" was the answer by the Dealership and guess what , my vehicle has only 67,000 KM on it. I might need to ask them to replace my engine as I am not confident of just replacing the piston etc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of the may known problem with this awful engine, your Peugeot dealer will be best placed to assist you.
The answer has been found "the piston rings are worn out or the valve seal is broken" was the answer by the Dealership and guess what , my vehicle has only 67,000 KM on it. I might need to ask them to replace my engine as I am not confident of just replacing the piston etc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts