Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I'm wondering if anyone can identify the issue here. Ever since getting my crankshaft pulley replaced due to being worn and making squeeking noises, I have noticed a new noise, which sounds like something rattling inside the car but under the hood I noticed something on the cam belt is knocking back and forth a lot.

Unfortunately I can't upload the videi so I've taken a screenshot to help show. I've circles the part that is moving back and forth fast and knocking.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks like the auxiliary drivebelt tensioner, a casualty of the previously worn out crankshaft pulley perhaps.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
if the alternator clutch pulley is siezed, it an cause the tensioner pulley to jump around like you describe.

·
5,663 Posts
Did they fit the right pulley there are two types one has a slightly smaller diameter than the other and it can float if the bigger one is fitted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. This area is a little beyond me.

I've taken it back to the garage today and they agreed it doesn't seems right ( no s#¡* sherlock haha)

They are going to look at it on Monday morning, so fingers crossed they identify they made a mistake & rectify it rather than try to get out of it.

I'll double check with them they installed the correct pulley etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts