Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following my map update with I guess 15 mins of engine running on my drive I now have the message I have an engine fault for repair, can I get anymore info. out of it to get an idea of the fault?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I always update my maps when I take the car for a run. Can take quite a while if I'm doing the whole lot but at least once you've punched the code in you don't have to do it again. providing you leave the pen drive in it will offer to restart on the last update it didn't finish.

Besides I hate leaving the engine just ticking over wasting fuel - which is what they do if you ask a dealer to do the update.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You dont have an engine fault just ignore it its only because you have been idling for ages
Been out in car this evening and still being alerted to an engine fault and in need of repair.
The engine icon that was flashing is now stable but still lit.

Can't sense anything amiss in cars running myself.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I always do updates with engine idling, not had a problem or that message so far.

Do you have access to a basic EOBD reader? That at least will be able to read the fault code, and turn it off.
Then it's a question of whether it comes back.

My local little car spares shop will do this for me for a tenner.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Does running the inbuilt car diagnostic test via the touch screen reveal anything more in depth to the fault OR does that just say Engine needs repair?

·
Registered
978 Posts
It could be a coincidence and your car, say, needs the DPF regenerating. Leaving it ticking over is probably the worst thing that can be done to a DPF at that point so maybe a trip at motorway speeds is called for?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It could be a coincidence and your car, say, needs the DPF regenerating. Leaving it ticking over is probably the worst thing that can be done to a DPF at that point so maybe a trip at motorway speeds is called for?
Doing a motor way trip Thursday.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had a summer safety check for this morning booked so I asked if they had the above reader and they had so they scanned and turned the Icon and notification off.
So all is well now I hope.
Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Brian well worth spending that if it should occur again, but yesterday needed quick peace of mind so was worth paying for it to be done.

On next update will not use Chrome download so will be just one try with engine running, I guess overall it was running 2 or 3 times longer than necessary.

(I'm trying to pluck up courage to do the big upgrade to the system and overcome the fear of messing it up and having to have a dealer sort it out.)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts