Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I need to replace one of the engine mounts on a 2002 307 1.6 16v petrol.
It's on the gear box N/S, and the drive shaft goes through a hole in the mount.
Does anyone know the part number please ?

Thanks in advance.

·
11,791 Posts
1807xx but there are three different part version identifiers after that - AA, P1, P5.

Is it the entire mount you need or just this bit:

If its that bit you won't get it in without the aid of a press. I, and others, have instead gone for a much easier to fit POWERFLEX bush like this:

POWERFLEX BUSH Peugeot 306 PFF50-306R | eBay

Are you sure you've got the correct mount? There are three. This is the gearbox one, its under the battery tray:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.
I had a mobile mechanic look at it for me and he says that the rubber part has to be pressed out and it's easier to replace the whole mount. He took a picture of it and showed me. The drive shaft goes through the metal bracket part of the mount. I asked him if I could just replace the rubber part, but he thinks not.

·
11,791 Posts
He's partly right. The rubber bush comes attached to a metal sleeve. No amount of trying will get that into the metal "frame" without a press.

This means a laborious job of taking off the driveshaft to get the frame off, which is why I and others went for the Powerflex bush.

Here's the thread about it so you can judge for yourself.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/307-rear-engine-mount-upgrade-19900/

Incidentally, why do you think you need this mount replacing?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok thanks, I'll take a look at the thread later.

I have a grinding noise when I pull away, or when I go over a deep pothole. The mechanic has checked under the car and around the wheel, but he can't find any reason for the noise, which only lasts for a couple of seconds. He has noticed excessive movement in that engine mount, and thinks it has softened with age and oil spills. He thinks it's possible that the drive shaft is rubbing against the metal part of the mount.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've looked at the thread mentioned above, and it seems that the latest Powerflex engine mount is the PFF50-306R, although looking at the details on ebay, it's for diesel engines. Does the same one also fit petrol engines ?

·
Registered
14,650 Posts
They should all be interchangeable the mounts all look the same petrol or diesel it is probably listed as diesel as they wear quicker so thats what people are looking for

1 - 8 of 8 Posts