Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was driving the car today and it was running great until i stopped and put fuel in the car,within 2 minutes it was chugging and i was getting a exclamation mark on the screen saying something along the lines of engine management failure or error but no light? if u turned it off and removed the key it would be fine for not even a mile so i removed the negative lead and its been fine since

what could this have been? contaminated fuel?
there was no error codes logged before i removed the battery lead i mean 0 codes

seems really strange it runs fine then as soon as i stick fuel in it runs like shit,and i definately put super unleaded in not diesel theres no smoke i checked my receipt to be sure

its a 407 coupe 2.2 16v petrol ew12j4s

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is an old post.. did you find your problem?
the code reader you were useing was it pp2000 or generic?
pp2000 has given me lots of codes that dont show up on expensive generic reader (or on the dash/eml)

I could fire ideas at you with things to try, but it would be a shotgun approach...I'm not familiar with your engine, I'm no expert and my last petrol was a 2002 1,4 megane. But petrols are petrols... not a whole lot has changed in the last few years and I feel kinda bad that you asked for help 26 days ago.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The reader claimed to have never fully topped up their car's fuel tank and instead added £20 here and there.
However, the inconsistent refuelling practices was a reason for the vehicles fuel filler to become clogged and blocked.

The damage took full effect on the motorway and their engine cut out while travelling up to 70mph.

The motorist guided the car to the hard shoulder and narrowly dodged cars to escape from harm.

Modern all-lane running smart motorway networks are not built with a hard shoulder and motorists who suffer similar issues could face devastating consequences.

Four people were killed in just ten months after a series of accidents involving parked cars on a stretch of smart motorway on the M1.

However, filling up a petrol tank only a part of the way can also damage your vehicle and lead to failures on key components.

Driving with a low amount of fuel means your car is using up pieces of debris and contaminated petrol which settles at the bottom of a fuel tank.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
This last sentence is rubbish as the fuel pump ALWAYS draws fuel from the bottom of the tank :)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Also petrol Peugeot stuff for the last 15 or so years normally has the fuel filter inside the fuel tank on the end of the pump pick up so it should be impossible to block it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
This last sentence is rubbish as the fuel pump ALWAYS draws fuel from the bottom of the tank :)
Not to forget when accelerating, braking and turning, the fuel gets sloshed around, dispersing the "debris" and "contaminated fuel" everywhere. I hate these articles written by 5 year olds.

·
5,088 Posts
Goes back to the days when tanks were metal and supposedly picked up rust,never really believed that neither

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts