Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 307cc on an 06 plate.

Just recently i have started getting a message stating 'Engine Management System Faulty' and - if i'm moving at the time - the car starts to misfire. Sometimes a little and sometimes quite badly.

If I turn it off and back on it's fine - even though the message sometimes reappears immediately.

I took it to my local garage who did a diagnostic which suggested two faults, namely;

P1160 - intake manifold
P1161 - throttle motor position

but they then couldn't find the fault and whilst they "tried a few things" the problem persists.

The garage didn't charge me because he said he didn't think they had fixed it. But they did warn if I take to a dealer that i would be charged (a lot) and they won't guarantee to fix it either.

So first off I was wondering if anyone on here has any idea what the problem is before I go wasting loads of money?

Cheers for your help if you can :thumb:

·
Registered
134 Posts
anti poll

hi,i would first of all carry out a ecu download.
if the fault persists then i think you'll need a new throttle body.
i would also take a little offence to the dealer issue,after all it's easy to say they will charge loads when your garage has offered no solution/fix to your fault:)

toddy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
toddy2 said:
hi,i would first of all carry out a ecu download.
if the fault persists then i think you'll need a new throttle body.
i would also take a little offence to the dealer issue,after all it's easy to say they will charge loads when your garage has offered no solution/fix to your fault:)

toddy
Thanks Toddy,

What does the ECU download do?

How much will a new throttle body cost?

Maybe i worded the dealer issue badly in that what he meant is that it may be they do a similar process of trying things but not necessarily fixing it and if it keeps having to go back in it will then end up costing a lot.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
download

hi,,well we charge a standard fee of £55.
this includes any relevant downloads.
also a full code/data print out of any relevant faults.
can't speak for all dealers tho.
toddy

·
Registered
387 Posts
I normally get my Peugeot dealer to do a diagnostic check on any of the cars I have just purchased, included in this is a xx point general health check around the car for about £50. You will get a full readout of any faults/ issues that need addressing.

xx - not sure how many points are checked but it is very thorough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi PrestonScotty

Did you manage to ever resolve this issue as I have the exact same problem with the same car this weekend. The RAC have been and all they could give us was the error codes from the diagnostics. The error codes were the same as you had.

We will probably have to get the car to the Peugeot dealer tomorrow and see what the damage will be.

Could you possibly help with how you fixed your problem and what costs were involved?

·
Registered
134 Posts
fault

hi,,is yours a cc? and an 06 plate?
if so check for any signs of coolant at the ecu multiplugs first.
toddy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Engine management

Hi

thank you for the quick reply.

Yes mine is a cc and 06 plate.

The rac guy mentioned ecu but over my head I'm afraid. Do you mean coolant has leaked onto the plugs?

Was this the problem you had and expensive to fix?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
307CC Engine Management System Faulty

I also have an 06 plate 307CC which has recently started breaking down with 'Engine Management System Faulty' showing on the display. The only thing the breakdown guy noticed was that the coolant was very low.

Once I got it home I bought an OBD code reader off ebay and connected it up and got P1160, P1161, P1153. Interesting coincidence that the first two are the same as you guys are getting on the same model, same year. Is this a known issue?

After I got the car home I topped up the coolant with antifreeze, took quite a bit, can't remember exactly but it was probably best part of a litre and then took it out for a run round the local streets and it seemed fine. Not convinced it was fixed and problem free, I took it for a longer run of several miles the following day, had lunch out and then came home; still fine - very slightly uneven running but barely noticeable really.

At the weekend we thought we'd go a bit further a field but knowing I hadn't been able to account for the low coolant (not had the car long so wasn't sure if it had been low for ages) I thought I would make sure it was topped up - went a very tiny bit over the max mark and then put the lid on - I thought if it didn't want it it would just pump it out the overflow when it got hot. Only got a hundred yards up the road and it broke down, kangarooing out of the junction which incidently is on an incline like where it first broke down.

Came home, sucked some coolant out, tried it again, broke down same place. After reading the previous comment to check for coolant around the multiplug I'm wondering if this explains the issue. Will check in the day light when I get chance and see what I can find. Incidently I cleared the DTC codes, having written everything down and touchwood it at least idles fine in the drive at the moment. I'll give it another run once I've checked the ECU multiplug and general area for any moisture.

Sorry for the long post but thought it might be helpful as we've all got seemingly identical faults.

Regards

Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 307cc on an 06 plate.

Just recently i have started getting a message stating 'Engine Management System Faulty' and - if i'm moving at the time - the car starts to misfire. Sometimes a little and sometimes quite badly.

If I turn it off and back on it's fine - even though the message sometimes reappears immediately.

I took it to my local garage who did a diagnostic which suggested two faults, namely;

P1160 - intake manifold
P1161 - throttle motor position

but they then couldn't find the fault and whilst they "tried a few things" the problem persists.

The garage didn't charge me because he said he didn't think they had fixed it. But they did warn if I take to a dealer that i would be charged (a lot) and they won't guarantee to fix it either.

So first off I was wondering if anyone on here has any idea what the problem is before I go wasting loads of money?

Cheers for your help if you can :thumb:
Hi guys, I have the same problem with my '06 307 cc. A few seconds from startup the service warning light comes up and the error "Engine Management System Fault" on the display. Any help appreciated as I feel at a loss what to expect now and don't want to drive the car as it is...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I have the same problem with my '06 307 cc. A few seconds from startup the service warning light comes up and the error "Engine Management System Fault" on the display. Any help appreciated as I feel at a loss what to expect now and don't want to drive the car as it is...
To be sure, I took out the plugs from the ECU but could not see any signs of coolant. Coolant level max ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update: took the car for software diagnosis and it turned up Error P1153 - Throttle stops - which was cleared (at least for now).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.