Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I started my 308SE today it immediately showed on the screen 'engine management system faulty'. However there was no corresponding warning light/symbol. I drove it for approx 15 miles with no problems and when I stopped I pressed the manual check button (whilst idling). It completed the check and said 'check ok' again with no warning lights.

I left it a few hours and then restarted the car and this time the 'engine management system faulty' did not show.

Do I have a fualt or not? If so how do I know where to start given there is no warning light.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a proper peugeot diagnostic check done. There should be a fault there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thank you. Sorry but I am a woman...LOL. Do you mean that if I get a diagnostic check done it will show me the fault that made the EMS faulty message come up in the first place (even if the fault is no longer there?)

I am looking for peace of mind as am due to drive from Scotland to London for a funeral next week and can't afford for it to bail on me :-(

·
12,141 Posts
Bugger, whereabouts are you? It could be that a member may travel through your area.

C

·
0 Posts
Let's hope there's nothing serious amis if you're ignoring warning message and blithely driving on regardless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bugger, whereabouts are you? It could be that a member may travel through your area.
In S.E Scotland - middle of no where. No one in their right mind travels through here.. :-(

I have a local garage and they have just said they can do it so will be running the car there tomorrow. I just couldn't understand why the EMS Faulty message came up but with no warning light/symbol. The manual said when EMS Faulty displays to look for the corresponding symbol and that will tell you the fault - bit difficult when there is no symbol. It drove for 15-20 miles ok after the EMS message so am hoping it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Let's hope there's nothing serious amis if you're ignoring warning message and blithely driving on regardless.
I am not ignoring the warning message! I am on here asking about it and taking it to the garage tomorrow. It is not displaying any warning symbols or lights and when I do a manual check it says the check is ok - again with no warning message or light! When I restarted the car several hours later it didn't come back up with the EMS message and everything was as it should be.

As soon as it came up with the message I refered to the manual and it stated what the 'serious' faults were and that you shouldn't drive the car...and it stated what the minor faults were. With no fault showing and the check completing OK I am not sure how running the car to see if I could 'find' the problem was an issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It could just be dodgy fuel.
Lets hope it's nothing serious... It's not displaying the EMS faulty message now at all and another 'check' completed with no issues found. Hopefully the garage can shed some light on it tomorrow - hopefully it was a blip but would give me peace of mind if the garage could confirm no problems as I have to travel from Scotland to London next week for a funeral.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In S.E Scotland - middle of no where. No one in their right mind travels through here.. :-(

I have a local garage and they have just said they can do it so will be running the car there tomorrow. I just couldn't understand why the EMS Faulty message came up but with no warning light/symbol. The manual said when EMS Faulty displays to look for the corresponding symbol and that will tell you the fault - bit difficult when there is no symbol. It drove for 15-20 miles ok after the EMS message so am hoping it's nothing serious.

Hi did you find out what the problem was? My 308 has just dtstted doing the same thing???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts