Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , I have a 206 1.4 diesel. Pottering around town is fine but as soon as you get some speed up the warning light ‘risk of filter blocking’ lights up - then the engine management also comes on and the car loses power .
Is this Peugeot dealer visit or could a garage fix this .
Previously I had a 307 and drove that for 4 years with the diesel additive warning light on as my mechanic told me to ignore it 😂
But the loss of power is a worry with this one .
Why didn’t I get a Vauxhall 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys , I have a 206 1.4 diesel. Pottering around town is fine but as soon as you get some speed up the warning light ‘risk of filter blocking’ lights up - then the engine management also comes on and the car loses power .
Is this Peugeot dealer visit or could a garage fix this .
Previously I had a 307 and drove that for 4 years with the diesel additive warning light on as my mechanic told me to ignore it 😂
But the loss of power is a worry with this one .
Why didn’t I get a Vauxhall 🤦‍♂️
ask a local garage to run a diagnostic - cost about £40. Fault codes will tell you what the problem is....probably nothing to do with filters.....could be anything

·
Registered
82 Posts
As said once you know the codes you can fix it. Cheap to get diagnostics done.

Mine used to flash up anti pollution error.
I needed a new fuel filter. Egr valve and throttle body. Then it was fixed.

Just because the car pops up errors with dpf etc doesn't always mean it's that. It can be linked to anything relating to emissions

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Agree with all the above risk of filter blocking is a warning NOT an actual fault the real fault is elsewhere.

As for wishing you bought a vauxhall well you may not realise this but peugeot now own vauxhall :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts