Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

My 52 plate 307 110hdi has developed an irritating habit whereby the engine management light comes on. This seems to occur after 70mph, and I have no loss of power and it drives fine. When I come down in speed for a while or idle the light disappears again.

The light does not come on when giving it some beans, just at over 70mph and not everytime.

I assume you guys will tell me I need a fault reader to ascertain the fault and if this is the case which one should I get?

All info gratefully received, Cheers.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
oilburner said:
hi

My 52 plate 307 110hdi has developed an irritating habit whereby the engine management light comes on. This seems to occur after 70mph, and I have no loss of power and it drives fine. When I come down in speed for a while or idle the light disappears again.

The light does not come on when giving it some beans, just at over 70mph and not everytime.

I assume you guys will tell me I need a fault reader to ascertain the fault and if this is the case which one should I get?

All info gratefully received, Cheers.
Hi, this does sound wierd. Your best bet is to get a diag run on the car, this will give you a clear indindication of what it is. If you search the threads for bettyswollocks in his signiture is a planet map of users who can sort a diag out cheaper than the dealers lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, Do you not get any message on the central console when the EM light comes on? On mine this is usually the bit that tells me the specific problem, but it doesn't stay on for long.

Glyn

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
could mean the fuel filter is in need of changing...if fitted of course. you can pick up a new one for really cheap at any motor factor, fitting is relatively simple if you follow the haynes and are competant. if not take it to a garage, wont take them more than 30 mins to change, or shouldnt anyways :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
As has been mentioned you will more than likely find that you are low on eolys fluid. You can replace the eolys fluid yourself pretty easily and should cost you around £90 for the fluid from the main dealers. It is in a small tank under one of your rear arches usually.

You will also have to reset the counters using peugeot planet. Look at bettyswollocks signature for a map of users here with planet. ( cheaper than the dealers )

If you leave it too long without replacing this you will cause damage to your DPF. You may already have a blocked dpf in which case you will need to either clean or replace it. Plenty of instruction on how to do so if you search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts